Let's Grow Kids
Regional Field Manager | Full Time
Location: Northern Vermont
Summary of the Regional Field Manager position
Let’s Grow Kids (LGK) and the Let’s Grow Kids Action Network (LGKAN) seek an energetic,
motivated individual with strong interpersonal skills to build strong support for LGK’s 3-year
legislative campaign by organizing and activating supporters across the northern region of
The primary role of the Regional Field Manager is to engage Vermonters across the northern
region of the state to advocate for and take action on behalf of our child care campaign.
Working among a team of Field Managers under the supervision of the Field Director, this
position will recruit and train volunteers to plan and run events, develop leaders, and track
engagement in our database. The Field Team is organized in North, South and Chittenden
regions. This position will coordinate volunteers as part of the northern team, primarily working
remotely and out of our Montpelier office, requiring extensive in-state travel, including nights and
weekends. This work is highly collaborative and coordinated with LGK’s Policy, Development,
Programs, Communications, Business Strategy and Health Care Strategy Teams.
The position responsibilities include:
• Engage current volunteers in their advocacy development, supporting their outreach
activities by delivering materials, conducting one-on-one or small group trainings,
and coordinating logistics, to cultivate strong supporters and leaders of the
• Recruit volunteers via phone, email, and text to support priority campaign initiatives
and activities, such as contacting legislators, letter-to-the-editor campaigns, direct
action events, volunteering at events or phone/text banking.
• Identify and recruit new parent supporters statewide through campaign outreach
activities and train and support them to become organizers and leaders of the
movement in their communities.
• Support LGKAN Action Team leaders in planning meetings and events, sending out
monthly Action Team agendas and other calls to action.
• Collaborate with internal and external partners to plan, co-create, conduct, and
participate in important regional outreach events such as community forums, public
speaking opportunities, door-to-door conversations, and online activities.
• Support planning events, media events, virtual events, meetings, and trainings by
delivering materials, coordinating logistics, and offering brief presentations about
LGK/LGKAN strategies and calls to action.
• Support Communications Team in drafting materials and tools to support campaign
actions for early childhood education.
• Support Policy and Communications Teams in recruiting parent and family voices as
needed to take action on legislation, testimony, and story collection.
• Accurately track and report supporter and volunteer engagement in our database.
• Meet quarterly and yearly benchmarks and goals.
• Additional duties as assigned.
A well-qualified candidate will possess the following:
• Interest in and passion for the LGK/LGKAN mission and core values.
• 1–2 years of campaign field work, community organizing, or electoral work is
• An understanding of the challenges Vermont’s child care crisis presents for parents
• Ability to listen well, communicate, and relate to others personally and professionally.
• Ability to motivate, train, and lead others to take action.
• Effective verbal and written communication skills, including public speaking and
• Highly self-motivated, detail and goal-oriented.
• Experience working in a team environment and ability to work independently.
• Proficiency using basic software—Word, Outlook, Excel, Zoom, SharePoint, Every
Action/NGP—and ability to learn new software and database management skills.
• Interest in and ability to work across diverse cultures and constituencies and
participate actively in the organization’s diversity and equity efforts.
• Demonstrated ability to work well under pressure and manage work with shifting
priorities and tight deadlines.
• Access to reliable transportation and availability for frequent travel across Vermont,
including nights and weekends.
• Reliable internet required.
• Able to lift and carry materials up to 40 lbs.
• Vermont residency required.
Deadline: May 23, 2021 12:00 am
For more information about this position, please check www.letsgrowkids.org/jobs-and-internships.
To apply, please submit one document containing a cover letter and resume through Aquire4Hire
The deadline to apply is Sunday, May 23. Desired start date is early July.