Let's Grow Kids
Regional Field Manager | Full Time
Let’s Grow Kids (LGK) seeks an energetic, motivated individual with strong interpersonal skills to build grassroots support for the Vermont child care campaign by organizing and activating supporters across the southern region of Vermont.
The primary role of the Regional Field Manager is to engage Vermonters across the southern region of the state to advocate for and take action on behalf of our child care campaign. Working among a team of Field Managers under the supervision of the Field Director, this position will recruit and train volunteers to plan and run events, develop leaders, and track engagement in our database. The Field Team is organized in North, South and Chittenden regions. This position will coordinate volunteers as part of the southern team, primarily working remotely and out of our Burlington and Montpelier offices as needed, requiring extensive in-state travel, including nights and weekends. This work is highly collaborative and coordinated with LGK’s Policy, Development, Programs, and Communications teams.
The position responsibilities include:
• Engage current volunteers in their advocacy development, supporting their outreach activities by delivering materials, conducting one-on-one or small group trainings, and coordinating logistics, to cultivate strong supporters and leaders of the movement.
• Recruit volunteers via phone, email, and text to support priority campaign initiatives and activities, such as contacting legislators, letter-to-the-editor campaigns, direct action events, volunteering at events or phone/text banking.
• Identify and recruit new parent supporters statewide through campaign outreach activities and train and support them to become organizers and leaders of the movement in their communities.
• Support LGKAN Action Team leaders in planning meetings and events, sending out monthly Action Team agendas and other calls to action.
• Collaborate with internal and external partners to plan, co-create, conduct, and participate in important regional outreach events such as community forums, public speaking opportunities, door-to-door conversations, and online activities.
• Support planning events, media events, virtual events, meetings, and trainings by delivering materials, coordinating logistics, and offering brief presentations about LGK/LGKAN strategies and calls to action.
• Support Policy and Communications Teams in recruiting parent and family voices as needed to take action on legislation, testimony, and story collection.
• Accurately track and report supporter and volunteer engagement in our database.
• Meet quarterly and yearly benchmarks and goals.
• Additional duties as assigned.
A well-qualified candidate will possess the following:
• Interest in and passion for the LGK/LGKAN mission and core values.
• 1–2 years of campaign field work, community organizing, or electoral work is preferred.
• An understanding of the challenges Vermont’s child care crisis presents for parents and caregivers.
• Ability to listen well, communicate, and relate to others personally and professionally.
• Ability to motivate, train, and lead others to take action.
• Effective verbal and written communication skills, including public speaking and presentation skills.
• Highly self-motivated, detail and goal-oriented.
• Experience working in a team environment and ability to work independently.
• Proficiency using basic software—Word, Outlook, Excel, Zoom, SharePoint, Every Action/NGP—and ability to learn new software and database management skills.
• Interest in and ability to work across diverse cultures and constituencies and participate actively in the organization’s diversity and equity efforts.
• Demonstrated ability to work well under pressure and manage work with shifting priorities and tight deadlines.
• Access to reliable transportation and availability for frequent travel across Vermont, including nights and weekends.
• Reliable internet required.
• Able to lift and carry materials up to 40 lbs.
• Vermont residency required.
Let’s Grow Kids has office locations in Burlington and Montpelier, Vermont. The majority of Let’s Grow Kids staff members work remotely in communities throughout Vermont. While this position will primarily work with communities located in southern Vermont and can be based from a home office, regular travel to the Burlington and Montpelier offices and to meetings throughout the state are expected.
Time Commitment and Expectations
This is a full-time position for a time-bound organization. This position will end, at the latest, by December 31, 2025. Vermont residency is required, and remote-based work is possible. Work hours will follow general Eastern Time Zone business hours, and include some night and weekend work hours. At times, this position requires long hours and a flexible schedule, especially during the legislative session. Extensive in-state travel and in-person meetings are required (when COVID-19 restrictions are lifted). While the position is currently remote, in-person meetings in LGK’s Burlington and Montpelier offices will be required.
Please submit one document containing a cover letter and resume through Aquire4Hire.
Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis. Desired start date is April 1 or sooner.