The Richards Group
Receptionist | Part Time
Location: 48 Harris Place, Brattleboro, VT, USA
Recognized consecutively for the past 5 years as one of the Best Places to Work in Vermont, The Richards Group is currently seeking a receptionist to join our team in Brattleboro, VT. We are looking for a highly motivated individual who has strong interpersonal skills and a desire to cultivate positive relationships and provide exceptional service. The Richards Group offers a competitive salary commensurate with experience as well as a comprehensive benefits package.
The Richards Group strives to help all of our employees achieve their professional goals through an inclusive environment that values everyone’s contributions, appreciates diversity of thought, fosters growth, and provides continuous opportunities for development. We offer a competitive compensation package where you will be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business.
- Answer incoming calls and direct to the proper individual via person or voicemail. Take accurate messages when necessary.
- Greet visitors as they enter and direct them to the appropriate person in the agency.
- Accurately process walk-in payments from insureds.
- Responsible for the telephone communication system.
- Process outgoing mail. Open, date, and distribute all incoming mail in a timely manner.
- Document employee absences from the office and serve as a messenger center for agency personnel who are away from their desk.
- Develop positive working relationships with clients and company personnel.
- Work as a team with other staff members to accomplish production goals.
- Education: High School diploma or equivalent.
- Experience: Operation of a multi-line telephone system.
- Pleasant, courteous phone personality and the ability to service a variety of people.
- Polished and professional communication skills.
- Excellent organization skills and ability to multitask in a fast-past work environment.
- Reliability and ability to keep a consistent schedule is essential.
- Strong typing skills and good attention to detail.
- This is a part-time position, five days per week, 5-6 hours per day with some schedule flexibility.
- All job offers are contingent upon successful completion of a background check.
Candidates may email their cover letter and resume directly to firstname.lastname@example.org.