Quality Systems Engineer | Full Time
Location: 20 Winter Sport Lane
Quality Systems Engineer
89 North®, a wholly owned subsidiary of Chroma Technology Corp, develops innovative products for the biomedical imaging market. We focus on development of high-performance light sources for fluorescence-based applications including fluorescence microscopy, automated DNA sequencing, HTS/HCS, real time PCR and microarray analysis
We have an exciting opportunity for a Quality Systems Engineer!
JOIN OUR AWARD-WINNING TEAM! Recognized as a Best Places to Work in Vermont and awarded the DCD Outstanding Vermont Business of the Year, Chroma Technology Corp. is a 100% employee-owned company and certified B corporation. We are able to offer an extremely generous package of benefits, rewards, and a value-driven work environment. Join our team of collaborative employee-owners who are self-motivated, independent workers willing to strategize and together work towards the long-term prosperity of the company.
The Quality Systems Engineer is the focal point for 89 North’s Quality Management System and continuous improvement. This role works across the organization and closely with Engineering and Production to ensure customer quality issues are addressed. As part of the QMS, the Quality Systems Engineer will provide leadership on continuous improvement projects focused on manufacturing operations and business processes.
Primary Responsibilities and Essential Functions:
- Focal point for customer quality activities:
- Lead and ensure closure on customer RMAs and Corrective Action Requests.
- Review and provide guidance on customer quality assurance agreements.
- Coordinate and lead response to customer audit requests.
- Manage supplier qualification activities, evaluations, and supplier Corrective Actions.
- Manage internal quality audit process.
- Provide leadership and guidance of process improvement projects in support of quality initiatives.
- Drive and perform quality management system maintenance, improvement, communication, and training.
- Ensure ISO compliance as demonstrated by successful ISO re-certifications.
- Champion structured problem solving.
- Utilize planning and project management methods to drive completion of projects.
- Communicate in a clear, effective, and professional manner.
- Support co-workers by helping when it is appropriate.
- Follow through on task responsibilities and projects.
- Be organized when helping to solve problems, supporting project teams, of instituting goals.
- Be adaptable to ever changing challenges.
- Collaborate with colleagues to find most appropriate solutions.
- Provide a strong leadership role in advancing projects and/or resolving problems.
Prospective and/or new employees will be required to comply with 89North’s COVID vaccination, testing, and face covering requirements. The requirements include proof of at least one COVID-19 vaccine dose prior to the start of employment and verification of the second dose within 30 days of the start of employment. Prospective or new employees may seek an exemption to applicable vaccination requirements and must have an approved exemption prior to the start of their employment. Applicants in need of an exemption due to a sincerely held religious belief or disability should contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please visit our career page at www.Chroma.com to review the full job description, summary of benefits, and to apply online.
89North is an employee-owned company and equal opportunity employer.
Deadline: October 30, 2022 12:00 am
Apply via our website: