Energy Action Network
Project Manager (Vermont Energy Dashboard & EAN Data Manager) | Full Time
Location: 17 State Street, Montpelier, VT, USA
Position Description: Project Manager (Vermont Energy Dashboard and EAN Data Manager)
Energy Action Network (EAN) is seeking a skilled and experienced project manager with expertise in energy data collection and analysis to become a core part of our non-profit staff team in a permanent, full-time employment position.
Energy Action Network (EAN) is a diverse and collaborative network of over two hundred non-profits, businesses, public agencies, and other organizations across Vermont working together in a collective impact framework for a common mission: to achieve Vermont’s 90% renewable by 2050 total energy commitment and to significantly reduce Vermont’s greenhouse gas emissions in ways that create a more just, thriving, and sustainable future for Vermonters.
EAN is supported by a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization (EAN, Inc.), made up of three full-time staff that serve a backbone coordination and support role for the Network.
The Dashboard and the Annual Progress Report for Vermont
The Vermont Energy Dashboard is Vermont’s go-to resource for state officials, regions, municipalities, utilities, and other stakeholders seeking official tracking information and planning resources at the local level for Vermont’s State energy goal: meeting 90% of our energy needs through efficiency and renewables by 2050. Importantly, it provides a one-stop-shop set of tools, data, maps, and more.
Specifically, the Energy Site Maps and Community Progress Maps, respectively, are essential tools for tracking local and statewide progress toward energy goals, informing the development of energy planning and projects, and supporting evidence-based policy design.
The EAN Annual Progress Report for Vermont is an independent resource for tracking and analysis of Vermont’s statewide progress toward its energy and emissions reduction commitments.
EAN’s Dashboard and Data Manager will work closely with and be supervised by the Executive Director and also collaborate with EAN’s Network Manager and Network members.
This position requires continually collecting and organizing data; detail-oriented project management with a can-do attitude; patience and persistence in coordinating the efforts of organizational leaders with busy schedules; and the ability to deftly analyze complex energy and emissions data.
Specifically, responsibilities will include management across two broad areas:
- Program Management: EAN Data Collection and Analysis:
- Work with data partners from state agencies, utilities, and other organizations to collect and organize the data that underlie the information and analysis on the Vermont Energy Dashboard (1.0) and the EAN Annual Progress Report for Vermont.
- Conduct and/or manage production of data analysis via the Dashboard, the Annual Progress Report for Vermont, and other Network communications vehicles.
- Project Management: Dashboard 1.0 Site Maintenance and Dashboard 2.0 Development
- Manage Dashboard 1.0 site maintenance, including working with a web developer to troubleshoot and fix any site usability issues that arise.
- Serve as EAN’s point-person for the VT Public Service Department-led Dashboard 2.0 design and development process.
- Work with partners to make Dashboard 1.0 tools accessible beyond Vermont
Required Skills/ Experience
- Familiarity and facility with energy data collection, organization, and analysis (specifically using Excel), especially in the Vermont context
- Strong project management and organizational skills: highly organized with attention to detail and ability to meet deadlines
- Detail oriented
- Excellent people skills, especially in adjusting to coordinating diverse sets of partners, some who are data-oriented, and others who are community-oriented
- Excellent communications skills, both written and verbal
- Comfort with fast-paced, independent work environment with good time management skills
Desired Skills/ Experience
- Experience working in highly collaborative relationships, including with high-level public and private stakeholders
- Experience managing a complex website (or other complex project)
- Experience managing contractors or consultants
- GIS; Tableau or other data visualization experience
- Strong personal commitment to the mission of EAN
- Familiarity with Vermont’s economic & political culture and energy & climate landscape
- Sense of humor, patience, flexibility, and a can-do attitude
Compensation & Location
- Salary for this core, full-time position will be commensurate with experience and qualifications
- The position includes a competitive benefits package, including health (with dental and vision), retirement, and vacation.
- This position is normally located at EAN’s office in downtown Montpelier, VT, but can be done remotely.
How to Apply: Submit a resume and cover letter outlining your interest in the work of EAN and what you would bring to this important position to email@example.com
Address applications to: Jared Duval, Executive Director, Energy Action Network
Applications due by August 7th, 2020
EAN is an equal opportunity employer. Position open until filled