Encore Renewable Energy
Project Manager – Field Services | Full Time
Location: Burlington, VT, USA
About Encore Renewable Energy
Encore is a leading integrated clean energy services company headquartered in Burlington, Vermont, focused on the development of sustainable, cost-effective and high return commercial and industrial-scale solar PV systems, large scale energy storage applications and 21st century solutions for the redevelopment of underutilized property. Since the Company’s formation in 2009, Encore has established itself as a leader in the Vermont solar market having been involved in the development of nearly 70 commercial-scale solar projects. The Company is in the process of building from its leadership position in Vermont to expand into other attractive markets across the Northeastern U.S., and is targeting key hires to expand its team to meet strategic objectives.
Project Manager – Field Services Position
Encore Renewable Energy is currently seeking a highly motivated individual with the skills, experience and aptitude to serve as Project Manager – Field Services (PM-FS.) The successful candidate will work with our EPC and Development Teams in support of the firm’s rapidly growing renewable energy project development, construction and asset management practice.
The Project Manager – Field Services will fill a key role in our expanding solar and energy storage development and construction firm. This is a high-skill level position, requiring an experienced and talented professional who can fit in well with the Encore culture of productivity, growth, and performance driven by our values. The PM-FS must be adept at managing multi-stakeholder projects, internal processes, project-specific subcontractor activities, and project-owner/investor/client expectations as well as site specific safety and supervision. The position will report to the Vice President of Development and EPC and bring a number of responsibilities outlined below to support the firm’s practice.
Encore is a small, fast-paced entrepreneurial firm with a culture to match. Therefore, all members of the team are required to devote some time to supporting business operations and company growth. For this position, these activities may include assisting in the development of proposals for new work, land acquisition, permitting of new projects as well as assisting with business development and project engineering.
- Perform myriad project development and construction-related tasks for solar PV and battery storage projects in Northeastern US and other strategic markets;
- Manage project schedules and budgets in concert with Project Development team;
- Support Business Development in identification and acquisition of new sites and
- Support fatal flaw/feasibility assessments on new opportunities;
- Interface with local and state authorities in seeking or supporting approvals and
required documentation for project permits;
- Prepare bid submittals and proposals for RFPs and unsolicited opportunities;
- Prepare progress reports for internal project tracking as well as for clients and
investors as projects move through development and construction;
- Manage various contractors in the field including survey, design, environmental, etc.
to prepare permit applications and supporting documentation;
- Support the tender of RFPs for equipment procurement and installation contractors;
- Support EPC activities as required including monitoring inspections, progress
reporting and client/investor requests;
- Assist in managing Encore-owned projects as well as those in which Encore serves
in an asset management capacity;
- Assist in developing and negotiating legal contracts, including lease agreements,
power purchase agreements, services agreements, etc.;
- Assist with early stage site diligence which may include but not limited to, visual
inspections, landowner relationships and facilitating site visits with various
authorities, vendors and/or engineers.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- 3-5 years of construction and/or renewable energy project development/management experience;
- Associates or Bachelor of Science degree in a technical or business management focus or equal. A 2-Year technical degree, or electrician license, with 5 years of experience to be considered.
- Organizational skills needed to independently manage tasks, projects and/or deliverables from assignment to completion;
- Strong oral and written communication skills, comfortable engaging with other subcontractors, construction firms, racking vendors, etc.;
- Organized approach to workflow processes;
- Strong proficiency in MS Office, MS Project (Project Primivera, Smartsheets, or other PM software);
- Ability to travel primarily in the Northeast and occasionally beyond (approximately 50%)
- Interest / ability to manage Encore’s small unmanned aerial systems (drone) assets, time-lapse photography and progress photography etc.;
- A strong desire to work on projects related to renewable energy development, brownfields redevelopment, and sustainability. Experience/interest in these areas highly preferred;
- Self-motivated and well organized with proven ability to perform at a high level with limited direct oversight and management;
- Experience working both independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment;
- Demonstrated success at building team relationships and partnerships across organizational lines;
- NABCEP Certification or PMP a plus but not required
- A high degree of emotional intelligence;
- Team player – willingness to pitch in across the organization.
About Working at Encore
Our team is our single greatest asset and that which we are most proud of. Encore team members share a single mission – building the clean energy economy of the future in a responsible manner that creates high quality jobs and enhances the communities in which our projects operate.
We invest heavily in our team – here are a few of the benefits we offer:
- Attractive compensation;
- 401k profit sharing;
- Complete, high quality medical benefits that include flex time options for child and
family care and extended maternity / paternity leave;
- Work-life balance focused paid-time off policy;
- Continuing education and tuition assistance.
Encore believes that an equitable and inclusive work environment, and a diverse, empowered team are key to achieving our mission. We are not looking for candidates who are “culture fits.” We are looking for candidates who can expand our culture, challenge business as usual, and bring their whole selves to work. We strive to provide those candidates with an equitable and accessible recruitment process.
Encore provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Encore complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which Encore has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
To apply, visit: https://encorerenewableenergy.com/contact/careers/