Project Manager | Full Time
Location: 193 S Winooski Ave, Burlington, VT, USA
We’re looking for a detail-oriented and organized project manager to oversee project operations. The project manager is responsible for managing tasks and deadlines, organizing team members, and managing project schedules and budgets. We are looking for someone who is able to manage multiple projects in a busy agency environment.
Headquartered in Burlington, VT, Bluehouse Group is an established digital agency that serves a wide range of clients regionally and nationally, including (but not limited to) renewable energy companies, startup companies, nonprofits, and government. Our services include custom website design, web application development, and digital marketing. Every team member has input into our process and has a real impact as part of our small, high-performance team.
As a company, we strive to care for and support our staff. We pride ourselves on having a good work-life balance, which includes flexibility around work schedules and remote work. We recognize the needs of life and family.
We empower our staff to be continuous learners and encourage learning opportunities. Last but not least, we give back to and support our local communities.
We are also lucky to work with amazing clients on interesting projects – come join us!
- Manage multiple projects throughout project lifetime to ensure success as defined by adherence to scope, budget, and timeline.
- Build time estimates, develop project schedules, and address scheduling problems as they arise.
- Document, obtain approval, and track all changes in project scope. Communicate project changes and events to concerned parties.
- Act as a liaison between developers and client account manager to ensure effective coordination among project participants.
- Monitor and report project progress re. objectives, timeframe, scope, quality, and costs.
- Identify project risks and roadblocks and escalate appropriately.
- Coordinate personnel during all project phases, from initial development through implementation.
- Communicate proactively with all involved personnel to provide encouragement, identify problems, create solutions, and implement efficiency improvements.
- Facilitate discovery activities and project-based research.
- Set up and manage project management systems.
- Collaborate with other team leads to manage resource allocation.
- Handle and manage support requests from existing clients, post-project.
- Stay abreast of relevant shifts in the industry.
- 3+ years of project management experience, ideally involving website development or software development work.
- Familiarity with agile software development methodology and tools (though we often work with waterfall or a modified agile methodology.)
- Some background and/or hands-on experience in web or software development.
- In-depth understanding of project management methodologies, principles, and practices.
- Agency experience is a plus.
Traits we look for in a Project Manager
- Ability to manage multiple projects and team members at the same time
- Highly organized
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to connect and build relationships with client stakeholders
- Able to successfully motivate team members
- High capacity for self-management
- Competitive salary
- Flexible schedule
- Plenty of paid vacation and personal time
- Full health benefits
- Employee retirement plan
- Generous profit-sharing program
Sound Like A Place Where You Can Thrive?
Send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Project Manager” in the subject line.