Encore Renewable Energy
Project Finance Associate | Full Time
Title: Project Finance Associate
Location: Burlington, VT or Remote (East Coast Preferred)
About Encore Renewable Energy
Encore Renewable Energy is a leading integrated clean energy services company headquartered in Burlington, Vermont, focused on developing, building, owning and operating sustainable, high return community-scale solar PV systems, large scale energy storage applications and 21st century solutions for the redevelopment of underutilized property. Since the Company’s formation in 2009, Encore has established itself as the leader in the Vermont solar market having been involved in the development and construction of nearly 100 community-scale solar projects. Encore closed on a long-term equity financing with SUSI Partners in 2023, and has committed capital to own and operate approximately 500 MW of community-scale solar and energy storage projects as part of its vertically integrated clean energy independent power producer platform. Encore has leveraged its leadership position in Vermont to expand into other attractive markets across the Northeast and Mid-Atlantic regions, as well as select markets in the Western portion of the U.S. and is targeting key hires to expand its team to meet its growth and strategic objectives.
Encore seeks a highly motivated individual with the proven skills, experience, and attitude to successfully manage financial analysis across Encore’s corporate and project finance activities. The Project Finance Associate position requires outstanding financial analytical skills and a passion for clean energy, finance and a desire to continually learn and grow. Reporting to the Chief Financial Officer & Chief Investment Officer and Director of Project Finance, the successful candidate will manage the responsibilities outlined below.
Encore is a dynamic, high-growth, team-oriented, fast-paced entrepreneurial company. We want colleagues who are committed to a triple bottom line of people, planet, profit, and who are willing to take on responsibilities outside of their comfort zone to achieve the required results.
- Support the Company’s financial modeling and decision making across Encore’s project finance investments, M&A, capital raising (construction debt, back-leverage, and tax equity) and business development activities;
- Participate in financing transactions throughout the deal lifecycle including financial modeling, due diligence, investor marketing, and definitive documentation, as well as ongoing compliance and management;
- Manage the company’s consolidated portfolio model, making regular updates to project inputs for accurate representation of cash flow projections and actuals vs. budget;
- Support the business development team in pricing out project offtake opportunities;
- Assess project investments and build presentations for leadership team that accurately analyze and communicate details, capital at risk, return scenarios and sensitivities;
- Manage the company’s monthly reporting process to the capital partner, including managing month-over-month updates to the presentation through coordination with other teams;
- Perform financial forecasting, reporting, and operational metrics tracking and working closely with the accounting team to ensure accurate financial reporting;
- Identify process improvements, including the creation of standard and ad-hoc reports, tools, and dashboards using Excel;
- Perform other duties as required.
Experience & Skills
- 1-3 years of relevant transactional experience in project finance, M&A, or principal investing at a renewable energy IPP, infrastructure investing company, or investment bank (preferably focused on the US renewables sector);
- Strong understanding of the US tax equity market and various financial structures to monetize tax credits;
- Demonstrated experience and/or education in the fields in a technical or business-related field including, but not limited to, economics, math, finance, statistics, engineering required;
- Basic technical knowledge in solar and energy storage technologies;
- High proficiency in corporate finance, project finance, and tax equity modeling;
- Strong financial, planning and analysis skills;
- Outstanding fluency in Excel and PowerPoint;
- Self–starter, able to work independently and in a team environment;
- Ability to build and maintain relationships with both internal and external stakeholders;
- Strong analytical and data gathering skills;
- Ability to self-organize priorities, set and work to deadlines, often with limited direct oversight;
- Strong oral and written communication skills, organized approach to workflow processes;
- Impeccable integrity and a high degree of emotional intelligence;
- Team player with a willingness to pitch in across the organization.
About Working at Encore
Our team is our single greatest asset and that which we are most proud of. Encore team members share a single mission – building the clean energy infrastructure of the future in a responsible manner that creates high quality jobs and enhances the communities in which our projects operate.
We invest heavily in our team – here are a few of the benefits we offer:
- Complete, high quality medical benefits that include flex time options for child and family care and extended parental leave
- 100% of health-care premiums funded by Encore
- Work-life balance with flexible work schedules (remote work opportunities) and attractive paid-time off policy
- 14 paid holidays (includes 2 floating holidays of employee’s choice)
- One paid volunteer day each fiscal quarter
- 401k profit sharing
- Employee equity participation program
- Continuing education and tuition assistance
Encore believes that an equitable and inclusive work environment, and a diverse, empowered team are key to achieving our mission. We are not looking for candidates who are “culture fits.” We are looking for candidates who can expand our culture, challenge business as usual, and bring their whole selves to work. We strive to provide those candidates with an equitable and accessible recruitment process.
Encore provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Encore complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which Encore has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Don’t meet every single requirement? Studies have shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single qualification. If you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyway. You may be just the right candidate.
To apply please send resume to: email@example.com
To apply please send resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org