Encore Renewable Energy
Project Engineer | Full Time
Location: Burlington, VT, USA
Title: Project Engineer
Location: Burlington, VT preferred (location negotiable)
About Encore Renewable Energy
Encore is a leading integrated clean energy services company headquartered in Burlington, Vermont, focused on the development of sustainable, cost-effective and high return community-scale solar and battery storage applications for underutilized properties. Since the Company’s formation in 2009, Encore has established itself as a leader in the Northeast solar market having been involved in the development and commissioning of over 70 commercial-scale solar projects. The Company is in the process of building from its leadership position in Vermont to expand into other attractive developing markets across the eastern U.S. and is targeting key hires to expand its team to meet strategic objectives.
Project Engineer Position
Encore Renewable Energy is currently seeking a highly motivated individual with the skills, experience and aptitude to serve as Project Engineer. The successful candidate will work with our Engineering, Procurement and Construction (EPC) Team in support of the screening, development, design and implementation of successful projects. This individual could be hired with the title of Engineering Manager for the right candidate.
The Project Engineer will be responsible for leading all of the Company’s various engineering related activities associated with the design of commercial and industrial scale solar projects. This is a high-skill level position, requiring an experienced and talented professional who can fit in well with the Encore culture of productivity, growth, and performance driven by our values. The Project Engineer will report to the Vice President of Engineering and Construction.
Encore is a dynamic, high-growth entrepreneurial company which requires a high degree of self-motivation, team orientation and an eager willingness of all team members to contribute to the firm’s success across activities that fall directly within the scope of their position description as well as those that do not fall directly under the scope of the position.
- Act as technical lead for solar projects;
- Generate electrical and civil design plan sets to a 50% design level for 150kw to 10MW+ solar/PV systems using AutoCAD and other tools;
- Run production modeling using Helioscope, PVSyst and other tools;
- Perform desktop reviews of sites and field evaluation as necessary;
- Manage external civil engineering and electrical engineering firms to support the design of ground-mount or roof-mount solar PV and storage projects;
- Select and guide the organization on optimal equipment and product models for each system design;
- Identify key risk factors and determine interconnection feasibility to support site acquisition and new market feasibility;
- Generate and submit utility interconnection applications;
- Prepare single line diagrams and manage interconnection approval process with utilities;
- Evaluate solar and battery storage technologies, solicit bids with vendors to inform procurement decisions;
- Synthesize digital terrain models to optimize design and shading/resource assessment;
- Evaluate EPC RFP Bids and pricing;
- Provide QA/QC for projects through construction and commissioning;
- Monitor operational assets and manage corrective action as necessary;
- Research and keep Company current with new technologies and regulatory conditions including building codes, fire codes, utility requirements, vendor qualifications, industry best practices, safety standards, etc.;
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Experience & Skills:
- 2+ years of technical/design experience in solar PV. Battery storage experience preferred;
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering or related technical field;
- Electrical PE preferred but other disciplines (i.e. civil, mechanical, etc) considered;
- NABCEP Certified PV Installation Professional preferred;
- Experience working with electric utilities through interconnection approvals preferred;
- Strong oral and written communication skills;
- Proficient in PV Syst, Helioscope, AutoCad, MS Excel, and GIS;
- Diligent, detailed oriented, and dynamic. Able to self-organize priorities, set and work to deadlines, often with limited direct oversight;
- A high degree of emotional intelligence;
- Team player – willingness to pitch in across the organization.
About Working at Encore
Our team is our single greatest asset and that of which we are most proud. Encore team members share a single mission – building the clean energy economy of the future in a responsible manner that creates high quality jobs and enhances the communities in which our projects operate.
We invest heavily in our team – here are a few of the benefits we offer:
- Attractive compensation;
- 401k profit sharing;
- Complete, high quality medical benefits that include flex time options for child and family care and extended maternity and paternity leave;
- Work-life balance focused paid-time off policy;
- Continuing education and tuition assistance.
Encore is unequivocally committed to the principles of equal employment.
Please send cover letter and resume to:
Please send cover letter and resume to: