Encore Renewable Energy
Project Engineer | Full Time
Location: Burlington, VT, USA
Title: Project Engineer
Location: Burlington, VT preferred (location negotiable)
About Encore Renewable Energy
Encore is a leading integrated clean energy services company headquartered in Burlington, Vermont, focused on the development of sustainable, cost-effective and high return community-scale solar and battery storage applications for underutilized properties. Since the Company’s formation in 2009, Encore has established itself as a leader in the Northeast solar market having been involved in the development and commissioning of over 80 commercial-scale solar projects. The Company is building from its leadership position in Vermont to expand into other attractive developing markets across the eastern U.S. and is targeting key hires to expand its team to meet strategic objectives.
Project Engineer Position
Encore Renewable Energy is currently seeking a highly motivated individual with the skills, experience and aptitude to serve as a Project Engineer. The successful candidate will work with our Engineering, Procurement and Construction (EPC) Team in support of the screening, development, design and implementation of successful projects.
The Project Engineer will be responsible for supporting the engineering team in all the Company’s various engineering related activities associated with the design of community scale solar and energy storage projects. This is a high-skill level position, requiring an experienced and talented professional who can fit in well with the Encore culture of productivity, growth, and performance. The Project Engineer will report to the VP of Engineering.
Encore is a dynamic, high-growth, team-oriented, entrepreneurial company. We want colleagues who are committed to a triple bottom line of people, planet, profit, and who are willing to take on responsibilities outside of their comfort zone.
- Engineering design and specification for larger scale commercial solar and energy storage projects;
- Civil and Electrical design review of project conceptual to construction plan sets.
- Run conceptual layout and production modeling using Helioscope. Run detailed production models with complex shading scenes, topography and optimized layouts using PVSyst;
- Perform desktop reviews of sites and field evaluation as necessary;
- Support the management of external civil engineering and electrical engineering firms to support the design of ground-mount or roof-mount solar PV and utility scale storage projects;
- Assist procurement and provide input on the selection of optimal equipment and product specifications for each system design;
- Identify key risk factors and determine interconnection feasibility to support site acquisition and new market feasibility;
- Generate and submit utility interconnection applications;
- Prepare electrical single line diagrams and manage interconnection approval process with utilities;
- Evaluate solar and battery storage technologies, solicit bids with vendors to inform procurement decisions;
- Synthesize digital terrain models to optimize design and shading/resource assessment;
- Evaluate EPC RFP Bids and pricing;
- Provide QA/QC for projects through construction and commissioning;
- Monitor operational assets and manage corrective action as necessary;
- Research and keep Company current with new technologies and regulatory conditions including building codes, fire codes, utility requirements, vendor qualifications, industry best practices, safety standards, etc.;
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Experience & Skills:
- 4+ years of technical/design and CAD experience in the solar PV field. Battery storage experience preferred;
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering or related technical field; PE preferred but not required.
- Electrical and CAD focus preferred but other disciplines (i.e. civil, mechanical, etc) considered;
- NABCEP Certified PV Installation Professional preferred;
- Experience working with electric utilities through interconnection approvals preferred;
- Strong oral and written communication skills;
- Proficient in PVsyst, Helioscope, AutoCad, MS Excel, and GIS;
- Diligent, detailed oriented, and dynamic. Able to self-organize priorities, set and work to deadlines, often with limited direct oversight;
- A high degree of emotional intelligence;
- Team player – willingness to pitch in across the organization.
About Working at Encore
Our team is our single greatest asset and that of which we are most proud. Encore team members share a single mission – building the clean energy economy of the future in a responsible manner that creates high quality jobs and enhances the communities in which our projects operate.
We invest heavily in our team – here are a few of the benefits we offer:
- Complete, high quality medical benefits that include flex time options for child and family care and extended maternity and parental leave
- Work-life balance with flexible work schedules (remote work opportunities) and focused paid-time off policy
- 12 paid holidays (includes 2 floating holidays of employee’s choice)
- One paid volunteer day each fiscal quarter
- 401k profit sharing
- Continuing education and tuition assistance
Encore believes that an equitable and inclusive work environment, and a diverse, empowered team are key to achieving our mission. We are not looking for candidates who are “culture fits.” We are looking for candidates who can expand our culture, challenge business as usual, and bring their whole selves to work. We strive to provide all candidates with an equitable and accessible recruitment process.
Encore provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Encore complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which Encore has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Please send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org