Encore Renewable Energy
Project Developer/Manager | Full Time
Location: Burlington, VT (Portland, ME or other Northeastern locations considered)
About Encore Renewable Energy
Encore is a leading integrated clean energy services company headquartered in Burlington, Vermont, focused on the development of sustainable, cost-effective and high return commercial and industrial-scale solar PV systems, large scale energy storage applications and 21st century solutions for the redevelopment of underutilized property. Since Encore’s formation in 2009, Encore has established itself as a leader in the Vermont solar market having been involved in the development of nearly 70 commercial-scale solar projects. Encore is in the process of building from its leadership position in Vermont to expand into other attractive markets across the Northeastern U.S. and is targeting key hires to expand its team to meet strategic objectives.
Project Developer/Manager Position
Encore Renewable Energy is currently seeking a highly motivated individual with the skills, experience and aptitude to serve as Project Developer/Manager (PD/PM). The successful candidate will work with our Development Team in support of the firm’s rapidly growing renewable energy project development, finance, construction and asset management practice.
The Project Developer/Manager will fill a key role in our expanding solar and energy storage development firm and will work across the entire portfolio of Encore’s project development activities. These activities include site evaluation, design, interconnection, permitting and pre- construction efforts managing subcontractors as necessary to complete these tasks.
This position requires an ambitious, problem-solving professional who can add to, rather than blend in with Encore’s culture. The position will report to the Chief Development Officer, and the successful candidate will manage the responsibilities outlined below to support the firm’s practice.
Encore is a dynamic, high-growth, team-oriented, entrepreneurial company. We want colleagues who are committed to a triple bottom line of people, planet, profit, and who are willing to take on responsibilities outside of their comfort zone.
- Provide myriad project development and management tasks for solar PV and battery storage projects in Northeastern US and other strategic markets;
- Manage project schedules and budgets in concert with Project Development team;
- Perform fatal flaw/feasibility assessments on new opportunities;
- Manage interconnection process in collaboration with utilities and engineers
- Interface with local and state authorities in seeking approvals and required documentation for project permits;
- Support business development team as necessary with bid submittals and proposals for RFPs and unsolicited opportunities;
- Prepare progress reports as projects move through development and construction;
- Manage various contractors including survey, design, environmental, etc to prepare permit applications and supporting documentation;
- Tender RFPs for professional services, equipment procurement and installation contractors;
- Support EPC activities as required including monitoring inspections, progress reporting and client/investor requests;
- Assist in managing Encore-owned assets as well as those in which Encore serves in an asset management capacity;
- Assist in developing and negotiating legal contracts, including lease agreements, power purchase agreements, services agreements, etc.;
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- 3-5 years of renewable energy project development/management experience. Battery storage experience a plus;
- Demonstrated experience and/or education in the fields of in Finance, Business, Engineering, Math, Economics, or other quantitative field;
- Strong oral and written communication skills, comfortable presenting in public settings, organized approach to workflow processes;
- Strong proficiency in MS Office, MS Project (Project Primivera, Smartsheets, or other PM software);
- Keen sense for identifying various risk factors as opportunities arise;
- Ability to travel regionally to various sites to meet with landowners, customers, etc.;
- Demonstrated proficiency in the development of high impact presentations;
- A strong desire to work on projects related to renewable energy development, brownfields redevelopment, and sustainability. Experience in these areas preferred;
- Able to self-organize priorities, set and work to deadlines, often with limited direct oversight;
- Demonstrated success at building team relationships and partnerships across organizational lines;
- A high degree of emotional intelligence;
- Team player – willingness to pitch in across the organization.
About Working at Encore
Our team is our single greatest asset and that which we are most proud of. Encore team members share a single mission – building the clean energy economy of the future in a responsible
manner that creates high quality jobs and enhances the communities in which our projects operate.
We invest heavily in our team – here are a few of the benefits we offer:
- Attractive compensation
- 401k profit sharing and support
- Complete, high quality medical benefits that include flex time options for child and family care and extended maternity and paternity leave
- Work-life balance with flexible work schedules (remote work opportunities) and focused paid-time off policy
- Continuing education and tuition assistance
Encore believes that an equitable and inclusive work environment, and a diverse, empowered team are key to achieving our mission. We are not looking for candidates who are “culture fits.” We are looking for candidates who can expand our culture, challenge business as usual, and bring their whole selves to work. We strive to provide those candidates with an equitable and accessible recruitment process.
Encore provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Encore complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which Encore has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.