Green Mountain Transit
Project Coordinator | Full Time
Location: 101 Queen City Park Road Extension, South Burlington, VT, USA
Description and Essential Funtions
Assists the Director of Grants and Project Development in the planning and oversight of capital projects as well as the coordination of interdepartmental procurements at the Agency. Supports the organization by ensuring all departments comply with GMT’s purchasing policy:
- Provides oversight of small and medium capital projects including preparation of bidding materials, cost estimation, permitting, contractor oversight, and project closeout
- Assists the Director of Grants and Project Development in the planning and management of large capital projects
- Coordinates with consultants on the preparation of the scope of work and design documents
- Prepares, analyzes, and coordinates large procurements (Request for Proposals) for professional services, passenger transit vehicles, new technology, etc.
- Maintains current knowledge of federal regulations and regulatory documents
- Reviews procurement materials within the organization to ensure compliance with federal requirements
- Provides, as needed, support to the Maintenance Department with the purchase of new capital equipment and the coordination of complex facility repairs
- Assists with capital project budget tracking
- Tracks expiration and renewal dates of multi-year contracts
- Assists with the administration of the Transit Asset Management (TAM) plan
- Manages subcontractor vehicle leases
- Coordinates annual physical asset inventory reconciliations
- Prepares annual asset inventory reporting to the Vermont Agency of Transportation (VTrans)
- Assists with the preparation of quarterly milestone progress reports to VTrans and Federal Transit Administration (FTA)
- Assists with special grant billing as needed
- Supports the Director of Grants and Project Development with the annual grant application process
- Assists with compiling data for the annual National Transit Database (NTD) report
- Assists with compiling data for the FTA triennial review every three years
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Education and/or Experience: An Associate’s degree in Business, Economics, Community Development, or a related field; two (2) years of experience in a related field may be substituted for education.
Essential Job Skills and Abilities: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Essential duties are performed with or without reasonable accommodations.
Demonstrated self-starter with the ability to manage essential functions and meet required deadlines. Ability to collaborate effectively in a team environment and manage multiple competing priorities. Understanding and development of project work plans, schedules, and cost estimates. Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and Google products. Strong verbal and written communication, attention to detail, and flexibility.
- Wage: $55,000 per year
- Time: 8.67 hours of paid time off accrued per pay period; equivalent to 5+ weeks off.
- Health: 92.5% paid health care coverage by GMT including medical, dental, vision, and prescription. 100% paid premiums for Short-Term Disability and Long-Term Disability by GMT.
- Savings: GMT offers 457 Retirement Plans. After one year, employees who contribute of 3% will be matched by GMT at 5% and employees who contribute 5% will be matched by GMT at 7%.
- Wellness: Discounted membership to The Edge Sports & Fitness Centers.
- Dog Friendly: Administrative staff are welcome to bring their dogs to work.
- Education: Tuition reimbursement opportunities for courses or degree-related programs for administrative staff.
This job description is not intended to be a complete statement of the position; it is intended merely to be a guide to the general work to be performed.
GMT is committed to providing a workplace that includes people of diverse backgrounds and fully utilizes their talents to achieve its mission. GMT believes that an inclusive and diverse workplace culture enhances the performance of our organization and our ability to fulfill the agency’s mission.
GMT is an equal employment opportunities (EEO) employer to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to political or religious affiliation, race, color, national origin, place of birth, ancestry, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, crime victim status, veteran status, disability, HIV positive status, or genetic information in employment or the provision of services. In addition to federal law requirements, GMT complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
To apply use the link below: https://greenmountaintransit.applicantstack.com/x/detail/a2qltl6w8qk1