Chelsea Green Publishing
Project Coordinator and In-house Copyeditor | Full Time
Location: 85 North Main Street, White River Junction, VT, USA
The Project Coordinator is a full-time employee reporting to the Production Director. This position provides general assistance in all aspects of editorial production from manuscript to bound book and eBooks. Working independently and in support of the Production Director, the ideal candidate will be able to focus on details of projects in a fast-paced work environment. The Project Coordinator works closely with various members of the Chelsea Green staff to copyedit and proofread various marketing and sales material.
Responsibilities of the Position Include:
Project Management for Assigned Titles
- Monitor and maintain schedules.
- Contract, review, and oversee work of freelancers to include copy editors, compositors, proofreaders, and indexers.
- Review work of freelancers and give feedback to ensure quality and consistency of Chelsea Green books.
- Proofread corrections to pages, revised pages, and PDFs.
- Copyedit and proofread miscellaneous front matter, back matter, and cover and jacket copy.
- Serve as primary Chelsea Green contact with author from receipt of manuscript into production to bound books.
- Upload final print files to printer and review printer proofs of text and cover/jacket.
- Review production and freelance invoices for accuracy, code, and approve.
- Develop project management skills for full-color illustrated books.
- Provide general production assistance (scanning, file transmission, photocopying, filing, mailing, etc.).
- Handle CIP data submission and copyright filing for books.
- Copyedit and proofread miscellaneous front matter, back matter, cover and jacket copy, and marketing and sales copy.
- Produce eGalleys and similar files for titles. Also, create and upload SITB files.
- Handles reprint revisions as needed.
- Prep files for ebook conversion and review ebook files.
- Upload files to printers, resellers, and ebook distributors.
- Format/tag manuscripts for submission to typesetter.
- Archive and maintain production files on the server.
- Participate in weekly project schedule meetings.
- Participate in front-list planning meetings.
- Maintain in-house style guides for books, cookbooks, and marketing materials.
- Bachelor’s or associate’s degree
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously on time and on budget
- Excellent writing and editing skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Competence with Adobe Acrobat and other graphic-arts programs
- Must work out of the White River Junction, VT office of Chelsea Green
- Publishing and/or graphic arts experience a plus
- Digital file management experience a plus
Deadline: March 16, 2020 12:00 am
Send cover letter and resume to Patricia Stone, firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls, please.