Vermont Employee Ownership Center
Program and Research Intern, Summer 2023 | Part Time
Category: Economic Development
Location: Burlington, VT, USA
The Vermont Employee Ownership Center (VEOC) is seeking an intern to work for the Summer of 2023 in Burlington, Vermont. This position is generally intended for a rising college junior, senior, or graduate student, but non-students with a college degree and interest in employee-ownership are also welcome to apply.
The VEOC is a statewide non-profit whose mission is to promote and foster employee ownership in order to broaden capital ownership, deepen employee participation, retain jobs, increase living standards for working families, and stabilize communities.
- Assisting with the preparation for, and execution and evaluation of, the 21st Annual Vermont Employee Ownership Conference on June 1st.
- Updating our annual survey of Vermont employee-owned companies and writing a report on the results.
- Assisting with database management including data entry and verification.
- Researching, writing and updating profiles of Vermont businesses.
- Attend annual retreat.
- Participate in a book/research group on a topic of your choice.
- Other tasks as assigned.
- High School Diploma, GED, or Equivalent.
- Strong written communication skills, including Google Docs and Sheets proficiency.
- If currently enrolled in an academic program, a reference letter from a recent professor
- Pursuing or possessing a degree in business, community development, economics, or a related field *and/or* a strong demonstrated independent interest in employee ownership, alternative business models, etc.
- Experience with event planning/production.
- Understanding of qualitative and quantitative research methods.
- Detail oriented.
Schedule and Compensation:
- The position will be for 200 hours over the course of the summer at $17.50/hour.
- Ideally the position will start on May 22 (somewhat flexible).
- The intern will be expected to work 20 hours per week for the internship, with the exception of the week of the Conference. The intern’s schedule, including time off, will be finalized prior to the start of the internship.
- The intern must be available to work up to 40 hours leading up to the week of the Conference, including the evening of May 31 and all day June 1.
- The intern must complete their hours by no later than August 31, 2023.
To Apply: Please submit a statement of interest/cover letter, contact information for 3 references and resume here or send to email@example.com by Friday, February 10th, 2023. The cover letter should answer the question: Why do you think the work VEOC is doing is important or interesting? We will reach out the week following the deadline to schedule interviews with finalists.
Deadline: February 10, 2023 12:00 am
Please submit a statement of interest/cover letter, contact information for 3 references and resume here or send to firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday, February 10th, 2023. The cover letter should answer the question: Why do you think the work VEOC is doing is important or interesting? We will reach out the week following the deadline to schedule interviews with finalists.