Sunset Lake Cannabis
Production Team Member | Full Time
Category: Agriculture Products/Services
Location: South Hero, VT 05486, USA
Are you passionate about sustainable agriculture? Do you want to work in the Cannabis industry? Sunset Lake Cannabis is hiring! Sunset Lake Cannabis is on a mission to provide Vermonters with sustainably-harvested, sun-grown cannabis. Our farm focuses on cultivating premium cannabis flower and crafting high-quality products while preserving the land and enriching our communities.
This full-time position is a great way to gain experience in the rapidly evolving cannabis industry. As a Production Team Member, you will assist in all stages of cannabis production. This position is primarily based at our Essex warehouse, but will move to South Hero in March 2024. This position also involves outdoor work in the fall at our farm in South Hero, Vermont. See below for more details.
Sunset Lake Cannabis is committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion and strongly encourages people of color, women, non-binary folks, LGBTQ+ individuals, and those with protected class backgrounds to apply. We value the individuals we hire and look forward to creating a positive work environment for everyone.
Production Team Members will work in small teams to create various Sunset Lake products. Some products you will assist in making include:
- Hand-trimmed cannabis flower!
- Prerolls and blunts!
- Vape Carts!
- THC and CBD tinctures!
- CBD topicals!
Our production schedule involves various tasks that balance efficiency and task varieties. Production Team Members will become experts in the entire process of turning raw materials into finished products.
In the fall, production team members will work at our farm assisting with the harvest and processing of our crop of sungrown cannabis. This typically happens between October and November. Our hand-harvest method involves working outdoors for 8-10 hr days in a group of 4-6 coworkers.
- Previous experience working in a fast-paced team environment. Must be able to maintain positive professional relationships with a diverse group of co-workers. Experience in food service, catering, construction, or landscaping is valued.
- Excellent time management and communication skills, with experience meeting deadlines and goals.
- Ability to learn from feedback & maintain a flexible outlook. The cannabis industry is constantly evolving.
- Ability to lift up to 40 lbs and engage in farm and warehouse work.
- As required by the Vermont Cannabis Control Board, employees must complete a state and federal background check and have a valid state-issued ID. You do not need to have a clean record to work in this position, and individuals who have non-violent charges as a result of Cannabis/Drug prohibition are strongly encouraged to apply. https://ccb.vermont.gov/sites/ccb/files/2023-06/Employee.ID_.Card_Guidance.pdf
- Must be over 21 years of age.
- Experience with manual labor, including but not limited to farming, gardening, cannabis, or hemp cultivation.
- Ability to do repetitive tasks for long periods of time without losing focus or productivity.
- Previous warehouse or production experience.
Schedule: 40 hrs/week, Monday – Friday, 9 am – 5 pm Part-time candidates will be considered, but full-time is preferred.
Compensation: $20/hr, PTO, Employee Discount & Product Samples
Deadline to apply: February 16, 2024
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other factors protected by law.
Deadline: February 16, 2024 12:00 am
Email your resume to Kelly, Director of Operations (email@example.com), along with three professional references and a short paragraph explaining why you are a good fit for this position by February 16, 2024.