Lake Champlain Chocolates
Product and Packaging Design Coordinator | Full Time
Location: 290 Boyer Cir, Williston, VT 05495, USA
ALL ABOUT LAKE CHAMPLAIN CHOCOLATES
Born from a dare to do better, we at Lake Champlain Chocolates are driven by our passion to change the world one delicious piece of chocolate at a time. Since the first truffles we made in 1983 to our Five Star Bars® rolling off the line today, our goal has always been about combining creativity and craftsmanship, while sourcing only the best ingredients to create premium chocolate that is truly unforgettable. We infuse passion, integrity, and an unrivaled commitment to community in everything we do to make the world a better and more joyful place. Every employee’s contributions make our company what it is today: a warm, welcoming, inclusive and successful certified B Corporation® committed to being a force for social and environmental good. We are committed to making a positive impact on our local and global communities through the choices we make sourcing materials and while operating our facilities and stores. Our community of employees work hard, care about each other, care about the integrity of our products, and share a passion for delicious confections.
POSITION PURPOSE – WHAT YOU WILL DO
As the Product & Packaging Design Coordinator at Lake Champlain Chocolates, you’ll work with the Director of Marketing & Customer Experience to coordinate projects that ensure the success of all phases of the product life cycle: conception, definition, launch, and post-launch. You’ll share requirements across the organization with marketing, packaging, R&D, purchasing, and outside vendors.
THE WHEN AND WHERE
Your regular schedule will be full-time at approximately 40 hours each week – Monday – Friday – onsite in our clean, vibrant, and safe office in Williston, Vermont. We value your health & wellness, so we offer many programs to keep employees healthy & engaged & recognize them for the important work that they do.
YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES AND CONTRIBUTIONS PRODUCT RENOVATION AND COMMERCIALIZATION
• Manages new and existing product development and packaging design projects. Collects feedback from internal LCC stakeholders and provides direction to external partners. • Coordinates & oversees development of new products for LCC for eCommerce, Wholesale, and Retail. • Implements marketing plans for changes in graphics for seasonal, year-round, and new items. • Collaborates with Purchasing to review all existing artwork for reprint and proof approval. Communicates requirements for all new and changing items and provides output, as required. • Coordinates graphic update process internally and serves as liaison with graphic designers. Secures estimates for work prior to project initiation. • Reviews and approves printer proofs, for out- of- house and in-house printing of year-round and seasonal items for legal compliance, color, and graphic accuracy. Attends press checks at vendor locations as needed. • Manages component specifications process for approximately 500 active and private label items. Develops internal product specification sheets and maintains these to ensure accuracy. Communicates with Packaging Department and Marketing Assistant. • Reviews rep and first run samples and approves/changes, as needed. • Coordinates and facilitates Product Activation meetings (generally 1-2 times per month). • Develops and publishes internal Fast Facts documents for new product introductions.
ART & MEDIA
• Coordinates art, approval, proofs, and printing supporting product accessory branded art (bags, ballotins, cups, napkins etc.) or campaigns as needed. • Manages art for miscellaneous projects. • Designs and produces custom logo stickers and cards for corporate orders (October-December).
OTHER IMPORTANT RESPONSIBILITIES
• Serves on Bee Well Committee as availability allows. • Assists with other marketing projects as needed.
SUCCESS FACTORS FOR THIS ROLE
• Departments are knowledgeable about product specification changes and needs. • LCC packaging is accurate and measures up to the quality of the brand. • Digital Asset Management (DAM), Product Info Management (PIM) Systems, and printed materials are up to date, in compliance, and accurately reflect brand and marketing strategy. • Printed materials are up to date, in compliance and accurately reflect brand and marketing strategy. • Products are produced according to specs. • Critical timelines and budgets are met for packaging projects.
• Must be able to work at a desk and use all job-related computer hardware and software. • Must be able to exert up to 25 lbs. • Understand that worker and food safety is the responsibility of every employee and always work in a safe manner. • Exemplify company values and look for ways to reduce, reuse and recycle. • Strive to continually improve our processes and reduce our environmental impact. • Be positive, cooperative, and professional with all employees, consumers, and vendors. • Ability to follow directions and ask clarifying questions when unclear in order to master your role.
WHAT LCC OFFERS – OUR CULTURE
• An inclusive workplace where diversity is championed • Excellent health, dental, vision and 401K plans • Ample paid time off • Competitive compensation with eligibility for annual pay increases • Wellness benefits such as chair massages, monthly healthy snacks, and recognition lotto • An abundance of free chocolates, daily As a community, we expect and encourage our employees to make positive contributions to the Lake Champlain Chocolates’ culture by aligning personal behaviors with the company’s vision, mission, and core values. We consistently AMAZE our customers; VALUE and encourage team member excellence and well-being; CARE for our community and environment; and GROW through innovative leadership, planning and execution. We respect individual initiative and creativity, demand attention to detail, and strive for the highest measures of quality in all that we do. It is through dedication to this vision that Lake Champlain Chocolates can become the gold standard of gourmet chocolate.
QUALIFICATIONS EDUCATION AND KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED:
An Associate degree in Marketing or a related field; at least three years of marketing, design, and/or project management experience; working knowledge of Microsoft Suite including Teams, Powerpoint, Excel, Word, Outlook, Adobe Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator), and digital asset management programs; knowledge of photography, packaging design, paper stock, color processing and printing techniques
Experience in Consumer Packaged Goods (CPG) and food industry
KEY SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
• Must become familiar with and follow all company and handbook policies and procedures. • Enthusiastic, pleasant, and positive personality. • Honest with a high degree of integrity and able to use tact and maintain information confidentiality. • Able to give, receive, and act on feedback. • Able to work well with and support others and to build and maintain positive employee relations. • Well-organized, accurate, and strong attention to detail. • Effective speaking, presentation, and written communication skills. • Impeccable grammar and spelling skills. • Proficiency in copier, fax, computer, telephone, and other basic office equipment. • An eye for design, aesthetics, and visual presentation.
In accordance with the American with Disabilities act, requirements may be modified to reasonably accommodate disabled individuals. Job descriptions are not intended as and do not create employment contracts. The organization maintains its status as an at-will employer. Employees can be terminated for any reason not prohibited by law.
Deadline: May 22, 2023 12:00 am
Please send cover letter and resume to email@example.com