Chroma Technology Corp
Product and Design Engineering Manager | Full Time
Location: 10 Imtec Lane
Product and Design Engineering Manager
Bellow Falls, Vermont
Chroma Technology Corp., a world leader in the advanced manufacturing of thin-film optical coatings, has an exciting opening for a Product and Design Engineering Manager!
JOIN OUR AWARD-WINNING TEAM! Recognized as a Best Places to Work in Vermont and awarded the DCD Outstanding Vermont Business of the Year, Chroma Technology Corp. is a 100% employee-owned company and certified B corporation. We are able to offer an extremely generous package of benefits, rewards, and a value-driven work environment. Join our team of collaborative employee-owners who are self-motivated, independent workers willing to strategize and together work towards the long-term prosperity of the company.
The Product Engineering Manager is responsible for managing the product engineering department dedicated to applications engineering, design, product realization, and introduction of products to manufacturing. The Product Engineering Manager contributes to the development of and implements priorities set by the Executive Leadership. This includes allocating engineering resources and managing trade-offs between priorities, and good project management practices. The Engineering Manager reports directly to the CTO and works closely with the COO, Senior Engineers, and Production Managers to ensure that short-term customer needs are balanced with longer-term investment in technological advancement.
- Works with Executive Leadership, sets priorities, and leads design and product engineering work at Chroma
- As part of the management leadership team, will identify, lead and support key safety functions, workforce morale and corporate initiatives
- Works with customers on applications requirements as it relates to new product or process introduction and/or the enhancement or efficiency of existing requirements
- Leads the product transition of prototype to early production
- Leads the design for manufacturability continuous improvement initiative
- Assists in the development of the technology and product roadmap
- Implements priorities set by CTO and Executive Leadership through management of the product realization pathway and the project management program
- Identifies, prioritizes, and leads high-value improvement projects
- Drives change initiatives to create and sustain continuous improvement
- Supports the development and improvement of Chroma’s quality management system as it applies to engineering
- Develops and supports a knowledge management structure to capture and retain organizational technical knowledge
- Promotesand supports a symbiotic relationship between Sales and Manufacturing
- Manages (set priorities, provide resources, resolve conflicts) the engineering team and engineering resources to improve efficiency and effectiveness
- Provides leadership by example and through coaching, counseling, advice, support, and motivation to the team to help them achieve objectives
- Evaluates need for equipment and personnel
- Prepares departmental budgets
- Reviews and approves expenditures and Capital Equipment requests
- Works with Human Resources to plan and organize training programs, performance evaluations, and talent acquisition
- Regularly interacts directly with all members of the Engineering Department to:
- Help maintain a positive, collaborative, and customer-centric culture
- Solicit feedback and suggestions
- Report on achievements, successes, and challenges
- Consistently promotes high standard through personal example and by communicating so that team members understand the standards and behaviors expected of them
- Support, comply, and ensure adherence with Health & Safety regulations, Company Policies, Quality and Environmental standards, and all other Company policies and procedures
- Bachelor of Science degree in engineering or related field
- A minimum of 2 years of people management and project management experience
- Experience with thin-film coating techniques and vacuum deposition
- Demonstrated knowledge of ISO quality systems and their implementation
- Prospective and/or new employees will be required to comply with Chroma’s COVID vaccination, testing, and face covering requirements. The requirements include proof of at least one COVID-19 vaccine dose before the start of employment and verification of the second dose within 30 days of the start of employment. Prospective or new employees may seek an exemption to applicable vaccination requirements and must have an approved exemption before the start of their employment. Applicants in need of an exemption due to a sincerely held religious belief or disability should contact email@example.com.
Prospective and/or new employees will be required to comply with Chroma’s COVID vaccination, testing, and face covering requirements. The requirements include proof of at least one COVID-19 vaccine dose prior to the start of employment and verification of the second dose within 30 days of the start of employment. Prospective or new employees may seek an exemption to applicable vaccination requirements and must have an approved exemption prior to the start of their employment. Applicants in need of an exemption due to a sincerely held religious belief or disability should contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please visit our career page at www.chroma.com to review the full job description, summary of benefits, and to apply online.
Chroma Technology Corp is an employee-owned company and equal opportunity employer.
Please apply on our website: