Springfield Area Parent Child Center
PreK Classroom Coordinator | Full Time
Job Title: PreK Classroom Coordinator
Classification: Full Time 40 hrs/week / Salaried/ Exempt
Salary Range: $22.00-$25.00
Schedule: Monday – Friday
Reports To: Early Childhood Education Director
The Pre-K Classroom Coordinator manages the classroom by creating a caring and safe environment for the children and implements activities to improve the overall care and quality of education. The PreK Classroom Coordinator will oversee all classroom tasks while mentoring Teacher Associates and Teacher Assistants. They must be able to communicate, listen and work well with others in a team environment. The PreK Classroom Coordinator implements a quality educational program by developing positive relationships with the children and their parents, maintaining all Vermont Childcare Licensing requirements, and meeting the requirements of our school district partners. The PreK Classroom Coordinator observes and documents children’s interests and progress, and relays that information back to parents and uses that information to create a well-rounded curriculum that meets the needs of each child.
- Plan and implement curriculum activities and encourage participation by children.
- Provide developmentally appropriate supervision for all the children when counted in ratio.
- Build and maintain positive relationships with children, parents and coworkers.
- Ensure a healthy classroom environment – including maintaining appropriate hygiene and cleanliness standards and safety and security of children.
- Maintain frequent communications with parents through informal discussions, Kid Reports, Parent Teacher Conferences, and newsletters.
- Help ensure smooth, daily transition from home to child care center and back.
- Document observations and enter into Teaching Strategies Gold.
- Complete ASQs and other developmental trackers throughout the year.
- Use TSGs, ASQs and other developmental trackers to track children’s development, discuss referrals to additional services with parents, and plan the classroom curriculum.
- Become well versed in all the programs offered by SAPCC and support families to connect with services as appropriate and/or make referrals to needed programming with the permission of the family.
- Make sure all required documentation and paperwork in the classroom including the details of a child’s activities throughout their day is completed. This includes but is not limited to: daily sign in sheets, food program, documenting all injuries and incidents and entering information into Kid Reports.
- Maintain an Individual Professional Development Plan.
- Complete the continuing education requirements of your teaching license
- Sit with the children during meal times and model good eating habits.
- Mentor Teacher Associates and Teacher Assistants in your classroom
- Be flexible to help cover in other classrooms as necessary to maintain ratios and support other classrooms. This contributes to the overall success of the program, and helps create relationships with all children and coworkers.
- Attend monthly staff meeting.
- Engage in SAPCC events, activities and fundraisers.
- Maintain all documentation required for ACT 166
- Attend PreK partner meetings
- Attend and participate in a monthly management team meeting.
- Follow SAPCC Employee Handbook, Center policies and procedures, state regulations, and PlayWorks Protocols and Procedures document
- Any additional tasks assigned by the Child Care Director or Executive Director.
- At least 1-year experience working with children under the age of 6 years old.
- Bachelor’s degree in Early Childhood Education or related field.
- Hold a current Vermont Agency of Education teaching license with an endorsement in Early Childhood, Early Childhood Special Education, or Elementary Education.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively as part of a team
- Be able to give and receive feedback in your work environment.
- Highly developed professional ethics standards
- Access to reliable transportation
- Ability to pass any required background checks
- Be able to maintain a professional environment
Apply through our job page on Indeed: https://www.indeed.com/cmp/Springfield-Area-Parent-Child-Center/jobs