Parttime/Seasonal Bike Builder/Mechanic/Service technicians | Part Time
Location: 85 Main Street, Burlington, VT, USA
Ski Rack, Inc. is a family-owned company that has been operating since 1969 in Burlington, VT, with three locations: Ski Rack, Burlington Patagonia, and Vermont Trail Wear. Our mission is to inspire our community to pursue a lifetime of outdoor activity and environmental stewardship.
- Someone who knows and can build bikes.
- Passionate and actively involved in the outdoors and dedicated to environmental stewardship.
- Results oriented and demonstrate agility in problem solving and effective communication.
- Focused on results and maintaining a significant competitive edge in the outdoor industry.
- Excited to be part of a growing and inclusive team.
- Committed to act and continuously improve performance results, to exceed store goals to exceed customer expectations.
Functional Job Responsibilities:
- Can build bikes. A key skill. If you can build but don’t have other skills as outlined we want to talk with you.
- Driven to consistently demonstrate necessary knowledge and technical skills to diagnose and repair bicycles and winter hardgoods.
- Demonstrates authentic passion about our mission and exceeding customer expectations.
- Ability to collaborate and develop professional partnerships with a variety of teammates throughout the company.
- Consistently performs technical repairs in a productive and accurate manner, to meet financial goals, and to deliver world class customer service.
- Completes technical training plans that develop expertise to meet or exceed industry standards.
- Is committed to utilize available resources, training, and tools necessary to achieve professional growth and company success.
- Practice and maintain safe working standards for a healthy work environment.
- High school diploma or GED equivalent preferred.
- 3+ years of bicycle service experienced preferred.
- Suspension, E-Bike, electronic drive train, and service writing are a plus.
- Supply of your own basic repair tools – Allen keys, chain whips, adjustable wrenches, etc.
- Detail oriented and highly organized.
- Computer literate with a familiarity of Microsoft Office, Excel, G Suite, etc.
- Experienced with retail operations inclusive of POS and inventory processes.
- Travel: 10% or as required: for store visits, events, and other professional development opportunities.
- Must be able to lift 30 pounds.
Skirack Inc.is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Job Type: This is a part-time position. Days and hours of work vary by schedule. Evening and weekend work is required as the business dictates.