Packaged Food Coordinator | Full Time
Location: 1611 Harbor Road, Shelburne VT
This position supports a healthy local food system, advances the Farm’s mission, and plays a key role in the curbside farm products sale operation by providing essential packaging, logistical and inventory management support to the Packaged Food, Farm Store, and Mail Order teams.
Key Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Portioning, packaging, weighing, labelling, and logging all food produced by the Inn kitchen;
- Keeping the recipe pricing log current;
- Maintaining an accurate inventory of food stored at the inn, maintenance and updating of packaging and shipping logs;
- Entering and updating of packaged food items and other Farm products into Farm Store Square point of sales and inventory system;
- Staying current and aware of the inventory status of the Farm Store, and making regular deliveries as determined by the Packaged Food Team;
- Supporting the mail order sales and customer service team between November and December.
This position communicates daily between the teams at the Farm Store and the Inn Kitchen, and assists in the consolidation and merchandising of products at the Farm Store. This position is also responsible for the daily opening and sanitizing of the Inn kitchen and offices as well as inventorying and ordering of packing supplies.
- This position involves loading and unloading of items into and out of vehicles and carrying items up and down stairs. Need to be able to drive a delivery vehicle and lift 40 lbs.
Shelburne Farms is an education nonprofit on a mission to inspire and cultivate a sustainable future. We offer transformative learning experiences to help educators and students create a better world. Located on the traditional homelands of the Winooskik, currently the contested land of the Missisquoi Nation along Lake Champlain in Vermont, our home campus is a 1,400-acre working farm and National Historic Landmark.
COMMITMENT TO JUSTICE, EQUITY, DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION
We believe a sustainable and peaceful future will be grounded in respect and appreciation for the interconnections between natural ecosystems and the human communities in all of their diversity and cultural richness. The Farm is strongly committed to demonstrating this belief in its governance, management and programs. Justice, equity, diversity, and inclusion is an ongoing area for capacity building, learning and practice across the whole organization.
Diversity is a core value at Shelburne Farms. We are passionate about building and sustaining an inclusive and equitable working and learning environment for all program participants, guests, and staff. We believe every member on our team enriches our diversity by exposing us to a broad range of ways to understand and engage with the world, identify challenges, and to discover, design and deliver solutions.
LOCAL FOOD SYSTEM WORK
In our food systems work at Shelburne Farms, we believe that soil, plant, animal, environmental and human health are interconnected and that agriculture is the base of a healthy culture and civilization. Our goal is to be a diversified, organic farm that supports a healthy local food system and creates an inspiring learning environment. We are dedicated to growing and serving wholesome food, and purchasing from producers we know and trust. Our customers enjoy delicious meals that feature fresh, seasonal organic fruits and vegetables, as well as cheese, pasture raised meat and other products from the Farm and from our region’s farming community.
Qualifications & Requirements:
- Commitment to the Farm’s mission, core values, and equity goals
- Strong computer skills and facility with Google Suite in a team setting
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with point of sales systems
- Able to work independently and be detail oriented
- Valid driver’s license
- Scheduling flexibility is a plus
How To Apply: Candidates from underrepresented backgrounds are encouraged to apply. You may submit a cover letter and resume in strict confidence to email@example.com or Shelburne Farms, 1611 Harbor Road, Shelburne, VT 05482
Applications will be reviewed as received until the position is filled.
Full description here:
You may submit a cover letter and resume in strict confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org or Shelburne Farms, 1611 Harbor Road, Shelburne, VT 05482