The Richards Group
Operations Software Specialist | Full Time
Location: 48 Harris Place, Brattleboro, VT, USA
The Richards Group has been recognized as one of the Best Places to Work in Vermont for the last 5 years in a row. Achieving this recognition is largely due to the exceptionally talented, bright and driven people we employ. We are currently seeking an Operations Software Specialist to join our Information Technology (IT) team in Brattleboro, VT.
The Richards Group strives to help all our employees achieve their professional goals through an inclusive environment that values everyone’s contributions, appreciates diversity, fosters growth, and provides continuous opportunities for development. We are looking for a highly motivated individual who has strong interpersonal skills, the desire to cultivate positive relationships and provide exceptional service. We offer a competitive compensation package where you will be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business.
The Operations Software Specialist is responsible for providing oversight and support of software system operations and project management. This position is a member of the operations team that works closely with department managers to understand, coordinate, manage, and implement assigned projects that increase efficiency and profitability. This position will prioritize and address operational goals as well as provide strategic direction, expertise and innovative solutions that can be addressed through technology. This is a full-time, exempt position.
- Bachelor’s Degree in management or related field. Relevant experience may be substituted for each year of the required education.
- A minimum of 3 years of project management is required.
- Excellent computer skills and proficiency in Microsoft products including Word, Excel & PowerPoint.
- Ability to work under minimal supervision and take initiative in making decisions.
- Effective time management skills with the ability to multi-task and manage a complex, deadline-driven workload, including planning, organizing, setting reasonable priorities, and good follow-through.
- Excellent Oral and Written Communication abilities (i.e. In-person, verbal, written, phone, and/or via other electronic media); expresses ideas and facts in a clear and understandable manner appropriate for the individual or group; listens to and comprehends what others are saying; prepares organized and structured presentations; has demonstrated ability to work with a wide range of sensitive and confidential issues and communicate effectively. Must be an active listener; Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to create great working relationships with all levels of staff and across multiple disciplines.
- Previous work experience within the insurance industry is preferred.
- Previous supervisory or team leadership experience is preferred.
- Preference will be given to candidates with familiarity or experience with the following:
- AMS 360 Agency Management System administration and utilization;
- Microsoft SharePoint & Teams administration & training;
- Reporting and analysis on Agency sales, retention, productivity, carriers, clients, etc.
- Working knowledge of personal and commercial insurance coverages and an ability to communicate clearly to Account Managers, clients, and underwriters.
- Please note that due to COVID-19 the majority of The Richards Group staff are working from home and this position will be remote for the foreseeable future.
- Candidates must be willing and able to travel within our local service region as needed.
- All job offers are contingent upon successful completion of a background check.
Candidates should send their cover letter and resume directly to email@example.com.