Green Mountain Transit
Operations Manager – Urban | Full Time
Location: 101 Queen City Park Road, Burlington, VT, USA
Description and Essential Functions
Manages the daily operations. Supervises urban Bus Operators and Operations Supervisors. Collaborates with other departments in developing and implementing transportation plans, programs, and procedures, to support the agency’s mission:
- Manages all aspects of staff supervision by assisting in recruiting, selecting, orienting, coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees
- Completes operations by developing schedules and bids, assigning and monitoring work, gathering resources, implementing productivity standards, resolving operations problems, maintaining reference manuals, and implementing new procedures
- Responds to inquiries, complaints, and correspondence from riders and the public
- Provides daily operational oversight
- Ensures compliance with Department of Transportation (DOT) and Federal Transit Administration (FTA) Regulations
- Provides quality service by enforcing quality and customer service standards
- Assists with accident investigations
- Works within the provisions of the labor agreement between GMT and related personnel
- Conducts administrative, supervisory and staff meetings as necessary to coordinate goals for services
- Manages the bi-weekly payroll review of related staff
- Performs other duties as assigned
A combination of education and/or experience that provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform the essential functions of the position. Additional experience, as outlined below, may be substituted for the required education on a year-for-year basis.
Education and/or Experience: An Associate’s degree, a minimum of 3 years’ experience in a transit-related field, or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Thorough knowledge of the safe and efficient operation of the transit bus routes.
Essential Job Skills and Abilities: Must be proficient in or have the ability to become proficient in RouteMatch Scheduling software, Microsoft Office Suite, and Google Mail. Ability to work and communicate effectively with a diverse population; work effectively in an environment with multiple competing priorities; and exercise good judgment as situations arise are required. A Commercial Drivers’ License Class B with Passenger endorsement is preferred.
- Wage: Up to $72,000 based on experience.
- Time: 8.67 hours of paid time off accrued per pay period; equivalent to 5+ weeks off.
- Health: 92.5% paid health care coverage by GMT including medical, dental, vision, and prescription. 100% paid premiums for Short-Term Disability and Long-Term Disability by GMT.
- Savings: GMT offers 457 Retirement Plans. After one year, employees who contribute of 3% will be matched by GMT at 5% and employees who contribute 5% will be matched by GMT at 7%.
- Wellness: Discounted membership to The Edge Sports & Fitness Centers.
- Dog Friendly: Administrative staff are welcome to bring their dogs to work.
- Education: Tuition reimbursement opportunities for courses or degree-related programs for administrative staff.
This job description is not intended to be a complete statement of the position; it is intended merely to be a guide to the general work to be performed.
GMT is committed to providing a workplace that includes people of diverse backgrounds and fully utilizes their talents to achieve its mission. GMT believes that an inclusive and diverse workplace culture enhances the performance of our organization and our ability to fulfill the agency’s mission.
GMT is an equal employment opportunities (EEO) employer to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to political or religious affiliation, race, color, national origin, place of birth, ancestry, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, crime victim status, veteran status, disability, HIV positive status, or genetic information in employment or the provision of services. In addition to federal law requirements, GMT complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Apply using this link: https://greenmountaintransit.applicantstack.com/x/detail/a2qltl6yc480