Operations Coordinator | Full Time
Location: Burlington, VT, USA
Cx Associates is looking for a full-time operations coordinator who shares our commitment to making a positive impact on the environment every day. The ideal candidate will be a strong team contributor and naturally take the initiative to elevate the organization’s outcomes. An independent thinker, the operations coordinator will identify opportunities for process and efficiency improvements. At Cx Associates we pride ourselves in nurturing a supportive environment where job satisfaction is high and individual and collective growth is encouraged. This position offers an opportunity to learn more about the AEC (architecture, engineering, construction) industry, energy efficiency, and how buildings affect climate change. If this speaks to you, we want to meet you.
Cx Associates is a busy, growing, mission-driven consulting engineering firm in Burlington, VT focused on building efficiency. We work with a large portfolio of clients in the Northeast to make buildings better by helping them save energy and therefore decrease their carbon footprint. We’re a small firm that offers a flexible, hybrid, open (and dog friendly!) working environment. We believe in a solid work/life balance and offer a competitive salary, excellent benefits, and an employee-friendly workplace.
Location & Schedule: Burlington, VT (this position can be hybrid work in office / work from home, with a minimum number of days per week in the office to be arranged during the hiring process)
PLEASE NOTE: ANY SUBMISSIONS OR RESUMES RECEIVED WITHOUT AN ACCOMPANYING COVER LETTER WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED.
ABOUT CX ASSOCIATES
WHO WE’RE LOOKING FOR
Staying organized is your thing. You’re the kind of person who manages their inbox like a pro, can effectively prioritize your to-do list, and can juggle and manage a lot of competing demands on your time.
You’re a skilled written communicator and editor. You’re adept at different types of writing, from professional emails to marketing materials to proposals. You can help our engineers translate language for a less technical audience. You can spot a typo from a mile away.
You have impressive Excel skills. You know your way around most basic types of formulas (or you’re a quick study if you need to figure out something new). Extra points if you’ve dabbled in pivot tables or macros, or if you’ve used spreadsheets to run complex analyses and boil down large amounts of data. To gauge proficiency level, we ask all candidates to complete a short Excel skills test.
You know your way around software. Apart from Excel, you’re highly proficient at MS Word and PowerPoint. You have a strong understanding of formatting and (as a plus) styles in Word. You also know your way around Google Workspace and other cloud-based applications like SharePoint, Trello, and Asana. You’re not afraid to look for and learn new solutions that you think could benefit the organization and execute them.
You’re eco-conscious. You have a demonstrated interest in sustainability and environmentalism, and you walk the talk. This may take the form of opting for public transit or your bike when possible, composting, being an activist for environmental causes, or taking other steps to lessen your environmental footprint.
You care about justice and equity in the workplace and beyond. You have experience participating in educational or action-oriented groups working toward justice, equity, diversity, and inclusion, and are interested in helping make progress at Cx Associates and in our community.
You’re trustworthy. You have stellar references, experience managing your own time, and can be counted on to self-manage your daily workload and task list.
You’re curious. You’re a person who will dive into data or a problem, uncover more questions, and come up with useful solutions.
You have a sense of humor. We take our work very seriously, but we also like to have fun. You’re someone who can get along with a lot of different types of personalities (and you enjoy the occasional viral cat video).
You’re self-motivated. You’re the kind of person who takes initiative to insert yourself when you see opportunities for internal process efficiency improvement. You keep the proverbial monkey off of other people’s backs and tackle things yourself, constructively seeking input when needed.
Bonus points. You’ve worked in a similar role in an engineering or architecture firm before, have experience writing proposals, used CRM software and/or Deltek Ajera, have experience with bookkeeping, and/or have worked in a hybrid environment with a distributed team
Other requirements: An associate degree or higher in a major related to business administration, project management, accounting, or sustainability is desired. One to three years’ experience in providing administrative/project support services or an equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered.
THINGS YOU MIGHT DO
Cx Associates is a small but growing business. The operations coordinator will have to juggle a lot at once. Here are some things you will probably do:
- Review incoming requests for proposals and provide short summaries to enable a decision on which to pursue; hold proposal kick-off meetings
- Draft new qualifications entries about recently completed projects and manage the process
- Manage, read, and edit blog posts and then post them in our blog software; keep writers on schedule and on task
- Schedule LinkedIn posts
- Support bookkeeping by depositing checks in a timely manner, and assisting with monthly invoicing and other bookkeeping tasks
- Support engineering staff on projects – drafting plans, reports, and other documentation
- Manage and write proposals
- Keep an eye on our office and kitchen supplies and replenish with eco-friendly products
- Keep track of the managing principal’s continuing education requirements and submit documentation to renew their credentials
- Research other opportunities and find RFPs
- Help keep our website updated with pertinent company news
- Organize company “Lunch and Learns” and other events such as annual retreats and company parties
- Make updates to templates as processes evolve
- Manage the quarterly employee evaluation process with input from management
- Provide project management support using our PM software, Ajera
- Lead our Green Incentives working group to track, quantify, and ensure impact
THE WHOLE PACKAGE
Cx Associates cares about its employees and recognizes that they are the firm’s most important and valuable resource. We believe in a solid work/life balance not often found at engineering consulting firms. We encourage our employees to use their personal time. And while we recognize that we all have the occasional crunch period, we also know that regularly working tons of overtime can actually be counterproductive.
- Competitive salary
- Excellent health care coverage (CxA pays 90% for individual plan premiums, plus 50% of the premium cost for additional family members) with a generous HRA component
- Health plan includes telemedicine service
- Life insurance, short-term and long-term disability – fully paid by CxA
- Free Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- 401(k) Plan with 3% Safe Harbor contribution and annual profit sharing
- Green incentives program with free bus passes, CSA grants, Annual Carbon Reduction Incentive Lottery, and credits for bike supplies/tune ups or new walking shoes
- 30 days of paid time off annually, increasing on the 4th and 8th anniversaries of your hire
- Support for professional development
Cx Associates is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment based on race, color, religion, national origin, age, gender, gender identity, sex, ancestry, mental or physical disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, veteran status, or military status.
Please fill and submit the form on our website, including an attachment for your cover letter and resume. Alternatively, you may email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.