Energy Futures Group
Office Manager/Bookkeeper | Part Time
Category: Consulting and/or Training
Location: Hinesburg, VT, USA
Energy Futures Group seeks an organized, experienced, and motivated individual to manage our offices and bookkeeping systems from our Hinesburg office. Prior experience is necessary, but demonstrated interest and motivation to do the job is even more important. The position is part-time and flexible to fit the needs of the candidate and EFG, with an initial expectation of at least 20 hours/week.
Manages administrative and bookkeeping functions for nine-person (and growing) clean
energy consulting firm headquartered in Hinesburg, Vermont.
- Maintains a high level of office coordination and organization.
- Independently manages, organizes, and carries out administrative functions, to include:
a. Development and management of administrative systems;
b. Insurance tracking and payment;
c. State business and compliance filings support;
d. Timecard and billing system (“TABS”) support and coordination with vendor and staff;
e. Staff meeting coordination and support;
f. Phone and IT coordination and support;
g. Assistance with preparation of proposals, reports and general office correspondence;
h. Management of subscriptions, memberships, periodicals, etc.;
i. Office supplies;
j. Other tasks as requested.
- Bookkeeping and financial support in partnership with (and ultimately transition from) existing
a. Development and management of financial tracking and systems;
b. Coordination with accountants;
c. QuickBooks account tracking and management;
d. Accounts payable;
e. Invoicing and accounts receivable;
f. Bank deposits;
g. 401k management;
h. Support payroll company;
i. Preparation of financial statements, reports, year-end accounting, etc.;
j. Annual charitable donations;
k. Rent collection and tracking;
l. Other tasks as requested.
- Strong personal commitment to EFG’s mission, goals and values.
- Team player with excellent interpersonal skills, willing to assist.
- Proven ability to be highly organized, detail oriented and accurate.
- Desire to learn and develop new systems and programs.
- Strong independent time manager.
- Bookkeeping experience.
- Work experience and proficiency in QuickBooks.
- Proficiency with all MS Office products (especially Outlook and Excel).
- Systems management-organizer who can develop, track and manage multiple administrative and
- Good written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to handle multiple competing priorities and deadlines.
- Reports to one of the business principals/treasurer.
Interested candidates should submit their resume to email@example.com with a brief coverletter, resume, and the names and contact information for two references.