Nursery Propagation Coordinator | Full Time
Category: Agriculture Products/Services
Location: 180 Intervale Road, Burlington, VT, USA
Summary of Position:
The Intervale Center seeks an experienced, mission-driven Nursery Propagation Coordinator to join our team in Burlington, Vermont. For over 30 years, the Intervale Center has led a community food revolution that sustains farms, land and people. We manage hundreds of acres of land and have pioneered farm and food innovations like farm business incubation, commercial composting, native tree and shrub production, gleaning and food hub development. To learn more visit: intervale.org.
The Propagation Coordinator is responsible for high quality tree and shrub propagation at our native nursery. The Coordinator will work with the Conservation Nursery Manager to forecast production targets, produce top quality trees and shrubs, manage greenhouse production, and support the broader production goals of the Nursery. The Propagation Coordinator reports to the Conservation Nursery Manager.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Collect seeds and cuttings for propagation needs
- Lead greenhouse propagation, maintenance, and tracking
- Support field planting, maintenance, and tracking throughout the season
- Prepare and maintain container stock including overwintering
- Supervise crews in greenhouse as needed with Services Coordinator
- Update propagation plan throughout the season and support annual inventory process
- Support volunteer activity in partnership with the Development Team
- Attend annual Intervale Farm Equipment Company meeting and equipment jam
- Attend Intervale Center staff meetings, retreats, and workshops as needed Minimum
- 2-4 years of nursery or farm experience
- Greenhouse production experience
- Ability to organize and track plants from production field to harvest
- Heavy equipment operations experience
- Knowledge of Integrated Pest Management techniques (IPM)
- Knowledge of Vermont natural communities
- Knowledge of/willingness to learn organic practices Page 2 of 2
- Ability to represent Nursery to public
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds
- Ability to work outside for extended periods of time in various weather conditions
- Ability to stand for extended periods of time
- Ability to work with a team and provide leadership in the field
- Must have a valid driver’s license
Intervale Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer. To apply, please send a cover letter, resume, and three references to email@example.com. This position is 40 hours per week February through November, 20 hours per week December through January, and is based in Burlington, Vermont. Compensation is $17-19/hour and includes health care, 401k, and limited wellness benefits. This position will remain open until filled.
To apply, please send a cover letter, resume, and three references to firstname.lastname@example.org.