Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Vermont
Network Engineer | Full Time
Location: 445 Industrial Lane, Barre, VT, USA
Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Vermont is looking for a Network Engineer to join our Infrastructure team. Our company culture is built on an unwavering focus on our members and giving them the best service possible. We offer a balanced, flexible workplace, an onsite gym (post-COVID), fitness and wellness programs, a competitive salary and full benefits package including medical and dental insurance, vision, 401k, paid time off and holidays, tuition reimbursement and student loan repayment, dependent caregiver benefits, and resources to support your ongoing personal and professional growth and development.
The Network Engineer requires a strong knowledge of the following areas:
- Network design
Network Engineer Responsibilities:
- Formulates, develops, and implements integrated network architectures for medium-to-large computing environments.
- Understands current and emerging security threats to appropriately design security solutions to mitigate threats where possible.
- Technical Architect responsible for delivering technical recommendations to enhance the infrastructure while at the same time maintaining or enhancing security.
- Develops standards for computer, security and network systems, to include standards for wiring, equipment, system security, and routing protocol.
Network Engineer Qualifications:
- A bachelor’s degree in computer science field or equivalent is required.
- 5+ years of network experience including Cisco and/or Check Point equipment.
- 5+ years of experience working with network and security concepts, including design and installation.
- Certifications such as CISSP, CCSA/CCSE, CCNP preferred with a strong focus on good information security practices.
Network Engineer Benefits:
- Health insurance (including vision)
- Dental coverage (free to employees)
- Wellness Program
- 401(k) with employer match
- Life Insurance
- Disability Insurance
- Combined time off (CTO) – 20 days per year + 9 paid holidays
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Student Loan Repayment
- Dependent Caregiver Benefits
*full job description attached to ADP posting
Check us out at www.bcbsvt.com/careers to apply.