Lake Champlain Chocolates
Moulding Line Operator | Full Time
Location: 290 Boyer Circle
We are seeking an experienced Moulding Line Operator. As an operator, you will be responsible for the day-to-day machine operations including set-up, change-over, monitoring & adjusting and shut-down of our chocolate moulding line. In addition, you will perform other duties as assigned, such as documentation of key production and packaging information: product weights, time on job, quantities made, essential production and QA related checks.
Essential Functions and Basic Duties:
- Starts up moulding line. This includes starting chillers, air compressor, chocolate tanks, pumps and tempering units.
- Ensures settings are correct in moulding Line PLC for product to be made.
- Ensures temperatures are correct on moulding line chocolate temperors and monitors them throughout shift.
- Changes molds in moulding line based on product being made.
- Collects and evaluates test samples and checks them for proper specifications.
- Observes functioning of machine parts and adjust, if necessary, based on machine knowledge.
- Monitor and record weights and perform quality checks on a periodic basis.
- Reports any process and equipment problems. Calls the Maintenance technician and/or Production Supervisor for assistance.
- Reports promptly to department Supervisor when delays occur. Estimates time of delay and when operations will be resumed.
- Ensures the Quality and Standards for product are consistently achieved.
- Monitors chocolate levels in tanks and takes appropriate actions when needed. Actions may include filling chocolate, switching tanks, or notifying department manager of chocolate filling needs.
- Records amount of product made in the shift as well as amounts for scrap and seconds.
- Ensures continuity of production through breaks and lunches by staggering personnel or communicating personnel needs to department manager.
- Responsible for shutdown of moulding line and related equipment, cleaning and sanitizing various parts as needed.
- Ensures that work area is clean, orderly, and well maintained.
- Follows established policies, rules, regulations, and safety procedures.
Must be able to lift up to 50lbs consistently. While performing the duties of this job, you will be regularly required to stand, walk and to evaluate product by handling and/or feeling and will be occasionally required to sit, climb, or balance.
This is a fast paced, moderate noise level environment with exposure to the following allergens: milk, peanuts, soybean, tree nut, and wheat.
Education and/or Experience:
High School Diploma or GED. Must have basic English reading/writing skills, and basic math skills.
At least three years of experience working with mechanical line operations in a manufacturing environment.
Schedule: Monday-Friday, 6:30 a.m.-3 p.m. at our 290 Boyer Circle facility in Williston, VT.
Lake Champlain Chocolates is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, place of birth, disability, ethnicity, genetic information, religion, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, pregnancy or pregnancy-related condition, crime victim status, health coverage status, HIV status, military or veteran status, and any other protected classification under applicable federal, state or local protected class.
Deadline: March 22, 2021 12:00 am
Please submit your cover letter, resume, and list of three references.