Member Services Manager | Full Time
Location: 131 Saint Paul Street, Burlington, VT, USA
CarShare Vermont Member Services Manager
Founded in 2008, CarShare Vermont is a nonprofit that works to reduce car dependence and improve mobility for Vermonters. Our mission is to provide a convenient, affordable, and reliable alternative to private car ownership that enhances the environmental, economic, and social wellbeing of our region and planet. In support of this, we operate a 24/7 community-based carsharing service, conduct widespread community outreach, and partner with a range of local organizations to promote a more sustainable and equitable transportation system.
CarShare Vermont’s Member Services Manager is responsible for ensuring that our members have excellent carsharing experiences—this includes leading day to day member services, developing and implementing policies and practices that enhance our service, providing opportunities for member engagement, and participating in activities that support membership development and retention.
- Ensure members receive the highest level of customer service
- Introduce changes to processes and policies to improve efficiency and impact of member services procedures
- Lead member education efforts, including the development of materials and communication strategies
- Evaluate various aspects of our service through member surveys, focus groups, and other means
- Analyze membership data for reporting and evaluation purposes
- Manage existing and new member programs and promotions, including our Campus Program, MobilityShare, and BusinessShare
- Oversee member services procedures from enrollment through life of membership
- Respond to inquiries from members and non-members alike
- Lead member communication by regularly developing content for newsletters, website, and social media posts
- Develop consistent opportunities for member engagement
- Build and manage an effective volunteer program that taps the energy and enthusiasm of our members to support organizational needs
- Help implement CarShare Vermont’s social media strategy to increase engagement and participation
- Initiate and support membership development efforts targeting our diverse community
- Support special events and fundraising efforts
- Support the day-to-day operations of both a 24/7 carsharing service and nonprofit organization
- Participate in the weekday on-call rotation (approximately 4-5 weekdays per month)
- Help nurture an environment of fun, creativity, and sharing
- Aid with other tasks as needed
- Demonstrated commitment to CarShare Vermont’s mission
- College degree and 3+ years relevant experience preferred
- Stellar interpersonal and communication skills, verbally and written
- Must have an aptitude for quick problem-solving and efficient multi-tasking
- Must be self-motivated and confident working independently, as well as eager to support collaborative efforts
- Excellent computer skills; knowledge of graphic design a plus
- Ability to attend occasional evening meetings and weekend outreach events
- Due to the nature of our operations, the ideal candidate will live in the Burlington area, have a clean driving record, and have at least two years of driving experience
CarShare Vermont is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate based on gender, race, color, religion, sexual identity, age, disability, or anything else. We offer a fun and creative environment, plenty of interesting and challenging work, and the opportunity to learn about the evolving shared mobility industry. The Member Services Manager will report to the Executive Director and work closely with all members of our tight-knit staff. This is a full-time position with a starting salary of $40,000-$45,000, plus benefits, including generous paid time off, health insurance, a matching retirement plan, and a free CarShare Vermont membership with monthly driving credits.
Interested applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as possible by submitting a resume and cover letter to Annie Bourdon at email@example.com.