Member Sales Consultant / Teller Float | Full Time
Location: 1755 Essex Road, Williston, VT, USA
VSECU – named, by Vermont Business Magazine, as one of the Best Places to Work in Vermont four out of the last five years – is a credit union dedicated to improving the quality of life of all Vermonters.
Our vision is to inspire a movement that brings people together to empower the possibilities for greater financial, environmental and social prosperity. To excel at that, we need people-oriented Member Service Consultants that are quick to connect and excited by the opportunity to influence our member owners. If our vision makes you smile, inspires you and makes you feel like you could move mountains; we encourage you to consider joining our team!
A typical day may include greeting a member at the door to review the latest banking technologies, completing basic teller transactions, issuing a credit card, opening a checking account, originating a personal or auto loan, or opening a variety of savings accounts to help members reach their financial goals.
PRIMARY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Engage in consultative sales conversations to meet articulated and unarticulated needs.
- Cross sell appropriate needs-based banking products and services.
- Identify referral opportunities for investment advisory and insurance solutions.
- Respond to account inquiries and problem solve.
- Follow up on inbound and outbound leads, in person and by telephone.
- Serve members by handling deposit, withdrawal, transfer and loan payment transactions and providing information about VSECU accounts.
- Maintain accurately balanced records, including cash drawer, checks, and daily transaction records. Take measures to track and balance funds throughout the day. Perform end of day balancing and maintain contact with the Branch Manager or direct supervisor regarding unusual situations.
- Participate in community and local events to further build relationships.
- Effectively build and maintain positive relationships with member-owners.
- Build collaborative relationships with co-workers.
- A persuasive, teaching style of communication to communicate the credit union’s policies, programs and systems.
- Follow established policies, guidelines and structures closely.
- Ability to work at a faster-than-average pace while handling details quickly, correctly and efficiently.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- 2+ years of college preferred or a high school diploma and proven customer service and sales experience.
- Experience in banking and financial services is not required but a plus.
- Understanding of, or interest in, the credit union mission and philosophy is desired.
The normal business hours for this position are Monday through Friday, 8:00am to 5:00pm. This position will primarily be based in Williston; some travel to Burlington may be required based on the staffing needs of VSECU.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental and vision coverage, life and disability insurance, a strong retirement package with matching 401K contributions, tuition reimbursement, paid time off and paid volunteer time.
VSECU is an EOE.
Interested candidates are encouraged to apply here: Recruitment (adp.com)