Native, a Public Benefit Corporation
Manager, Project Development and Origination | Full Time
Category: Environmental Products/Services
Manager, Project Development and Origination
Location: Burlington, VT or US-based remote
Since 2000, Native has worked with companies to develop authentic solutions to their sustainability challenges and to implement community-scale projects that reduce greenhouse gas emissions, strengthen businesses, and contribute to progress on climate change around the world.
We construct unique project portfolios to meet climate goals, drive business value, and deliver tangible benefits to stakeholder communities – from customers and suppliers to employees and shareholders. Our methods enable companies to put their sustainability strategies into practice by investing in new climate action projects within their value chain.
Native’s team of strategists, project developers, environmental scientists, and legal counsel are devoted to strengthening the people, companies, and places at the heart of these initiatives, and we are seeking a Project Manager to join our team.
About the role
You’re a good fit for this role if you are well-versed in developing, implementing, and managing climate projects. This role requires the ability to manage the development and origination of multiple projects concurrently, actively creating efficiencies across tasks, timelines, and priorities. You’ll work on Native’s Project Origination and Development team and be responsible for creating and implementing new greenhouse gas (GHG) emission reduction projects.
At Native, our purpose is to catalyze meaningful, authentic climate action, and the creativity, relationships, and listening this role requires are instrumental in that purpose. You’ll report to the Vice President of Project Origination and Development.
What you’ll accomplish:
- Identify and develop new projects, programs, and partnerships focusing on non-nature based solutions
- Draft project feasibility studies and project design documents, validation, and/or other project development documents under different standards (CDM, VERRA, Gold Standard, or other) for GHG emission reduction or removal projects
- Design and implement multi-stakeholder input processes for project development
- Manage projects through to successful completion, from focusing on project origination and financing, followed by project validation, and initial verification
- Provide technical and business development support with project origination activities led by Project Directors and/or the VP of Project Development and Origination
- Lead project development and management activities, including creating and managing project schedules, work plans, timelines, milestones, and budgets
- Develop and present financial models to assess risk and returns of projects
- Support contracting and partner negotiations as needed
What you bring:
- Degree or equivalent experience in soil, forestry, engineering, agriculture, environmental science
- Demonstrated experience actively managing and developing carbon projects, environmental or conservation programs, or other experience managing and interacting with commercial scale projects
- Ability to self direct research and provide summary reports with key analysis
- Experience managing budgets, creating financial models, and quantitative analysis
- Passion for the environment and impact-based projects
- A high degree of emotional intelligence
- A process-oriented mindset, comfortable self-organizing to set and meet deadlines
- Openness to learning opportunities and skills training
- A proactive commitment to problem solving, taking initiative, and curiosity
- Ability to work productively both in a team and autonomously
- Authorized to work in the United States
- Experience in Salesforce and Asana
- Statistics training and experience with Monte Carlo (or similar) types of risk analysis and simulations
- Proficiency in a second language
- Competitive compensation and PTO
- Employer-sponsored healthcare (medical, dental, vision)
- Life and short-term disability insurance
- Flexible-spending account
- 401K and employer match
- Paid volunteer time
- Flexible working hours
- Home office set up stipend
- Monthly work from home stipend
Equal Opportunity Employer
Native believes an equitable and inclusive work environment and a diverse, engaged team are key to providing excellent stakeholder experiences. We’re searching for teammates who can enhance our culture and make our business better, and we strive to provide all applicants with an equitable and accessible recruitment process.
Native provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Native complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Deadline: September 6, 2022 12:00 am