Vermont Center for Emerging Technologies, Inc.
Manager of Operations and Culture | Part Time
Location: 266 Main Street, Burlington, VT, USA
Are you passionate about Vermont’s entrepreneurial community? Are you outgoing, organized, and self-motivated? We are looking for a well-rounded Manager of Operations and Culture to join our team. This is a great opportunity for an extraverted self-starter who possesses strong communication, organizational, and creative problem-solving skills. Working under minimal supervision, the Manager of Operations and Culture will support VCET’s robust and diverse member community, oversee the daily operation and success of our coworking facility, and promote VCET and Vermont’s innovation ecosystem.
This Burlington, VT-based ~20 hour/week position offers flexibility in scheduling to meet professional, academic, and personal demands. You will be a vital part of a small team that works hard to make a big impact, helping Vermont’s startups start and scale here.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities:
Membership & Community:
- Get to know each and every VCET member to help build an ecosystem of engagement, positivity, inclusion, and mutual success
- Assist in recruiting new members and manage logistics to sustain and grow a great community of coworkers
- Manage the VCET onboarding process for new members: provide tours, administer paperwork, and serve as the go-to resource for all members in-house
- Manage VCET’s coworking software: keep information up to date and assist members in learning and utilizing the platform
- Work with VCET’s controller to coordinate member billing
- Open and maintain communication with all members through phone, email, and Slack
- Keep internal process documents and signage up to date
- Overall, own the processes that keep VCET running smoothly, and constantly think of ways to streamline and improve the organization
- Provide a physical presence at VCET – work the room!
Operations & Facilities:
- Maintain principle ownership of operations for VCET’s coworking space
- Manage logistics around upkeep:
- Order and stock supplies
- Coordinate technology use
- Ensure access to members
- Maintain exceptional cleanliness and order
- Manage landlord/partner needs
- Improve the layout and design of our space as the needs of our community evolves
- Continuously think of new ways to improve our space for the community
Programming, Events & Ecosystem:
- Manage VCET’s “Scale Here” program, a curated platform of resources, perks and discounts for Vermont’s entrepreneurs
- Participate in, organize, or lead events in our space and online for members, ecosystem partners and others. Examples include support for our Female Founders Speaker Series and Lunch & Learns
- Represent VCET externally as appropriate
Commitment to learn:
- Professional growth and development are essential for the individual’s advancement, but also for the benefit of the VCET team and the organization as a whole. Staying current, proactively informed, knowledgeable, and excited about entrepreneurship, innovation, and technology trends are essential for your success and ours
- Support team members with various projects and administrative tasks as needed
- Duties and tasks may overlap and change as your skills develop and the needs of VCET, our members, and key stakeholders evolve
- Intelligence, commitment, adaptability, resilience, humor, trustworthiness, desire to learn, and best in class delivery of services to our customers, partners, and among the VCET team are the key attributes required of all VCET team members
|To be considered for this position please send us:|
- Your resume
- Your LinkedIn profile
- A letter describing why you’re a good fit for this role at VCET, and why you think entrepreneurship is important to Vermont.
- Contact: email@example.com