Vermont Community Loan Fund
Loan Officer | Full Time
Location: 15 State Street, Montpelier, VT, USA
VERMONT COMMUNITY LOAN FUND, INC.
The Vermont Community Loan Fund (VCLF) is a nonprofit financial institution that provides loans and other resources to local businesses, community organizations & nonprofits, early care & learning providers and developers of affordable housing. We develop and promote innovative capital-based solutions to issues of poverty and opportunity. With over $40 million in assets, VCLF is Vermont’s largest Community Development Financial Institution (CDFI).
This position will work in all aspects of loan origination, credit analysis, credit approval, and loan servicing. This position will report to the Director of Business and Early Care & Learning Programs. This is a full-time, non-exempt position with benefits based in Montpelier, VT.
Job duties include:
- Independently conduct site visits with loan applicants and existing borrowers
- Prepare credit memos for external loan committees and Internal Loan Team consideration
- Implement and manage regular procedures for loan closings and routine monitoring
- Respond to inquiries from potential loan applicants and maintain records of loan applicant inquiries
- Assist with management of business loan portfolio through regular communications with borrowers
- Assist with development and implementation of effective collection and workout strategies for problem loans
- Assist in the ongoing review and development of loan management procedures and policies
- Assist the Director of Business and Early Care & Learning Programs with lending activities as assigned
- Identify technical assistance needs of borrowers and applicants and refer identified needs to VCLF’s business advisory services staff
- Inform borrowers about other sources of financial assistance
- Represent VCLF to community organizations, lenders, policymakers, media and public-at-large
- Ability to travel around the State of Vermont required. Occasional evening/weekend meetings.
Preferred qualifications include:
- College degree
- 3-5 years of experience in loan underwriting or servicing, collections, portfolio management, business lending practices, real estate finance
- High degree of organizational skills, self-direction and ability to multi-task
- Demonstrated ability to work under pressure
- Able to work independently and collaboratively
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Computer and database skills
- Commitment to social and economic justice
Wage Range: $26.44 – $28.85 per hour
The Vermont Community Loan Fund is a mission-driven lender, creating opportunities that lead to healthy communities and financial stability for all Vermonters. Learn more at investinvermont.org.
Please submit a cover letter and resume to: email@example.com or VCLF, PO Box 827, Montpelier, VT 05601.