Vermont Land Trust
Legal Assistant | Full Time
Location: 8 Bailey Avenue, Montpelier, VT, USA
Vermont Land Trust (VLT), a national leader in the land conservation movement, seeks a Legal Assistant to join the organization in its beautiful Montpelier headquarters. VLT protects the places that make Vermont special, providing communities with local food, clean air and water, and opportunities for hiking, hunting, fishing and other experiences that deepen connections to the land.
VLT’s new Legal Assistant will report to the Director of Legal Services and coordinate closely with our six-person legal team. Duties include:
- Drafting form legal documents in collaboration with legal staff;
- Ordering title work and drafting other title related correspondence, as well as maintaining our title tracking system;
- Facilitating real estate closings by sending and tracking documents for execution and recording and disseminating recorded documents;
- Maintaining accurate records and entering relevant information into VLT databases; and
- Providing overall administrative and communications support to the legal team.
Candidates with strong organizational skills, attention to detail, comfort with a digital work environment, and ideally an interest in conservation are urged to apply. A desire to improve existing systems and practices is welcome; the new Legal Assistant should plan to learn and grow as a valued member of a dynamic organization.
VLT is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Deadline: October 14, 2019 12:00 am
For application instructions and to learn more about VLT and the position, please visit vlt.org/employment.