Chroma Technology Corp.
Lead Machinist – Second Shift | Full Time
Location: 10 Imtec Lane
Lead Machinist – Second Shift
Bellow Falls, Vermont
Chroma Technology Corp., a world leader in the advanced manufacturing of thin-film optical coatings, has an exciting opening for a Lead Machinist – Second Shift
Recognized as a Best Places to Work in Vermont and awarded the DCD Outstanding Vermont Business of the Year, Chroma Technology Corp. is a 100% employee-owned company and certified B corporation. We are able to offer an extremely generous package of benefits, rewards, and a value-driven work environment. Join our team of collaborative employee-owners who are self-motivated, independent workers willing to strategize and together work towards the long-term prosperity of the company.
The Lead Machinist is the in-house expert in set up, maintenance and operation of all machine tool equipment in Chroma’s glass configuring shop. This position works closely with others in the department, and collaborates with the department Manager and the assigned Process Engineer. The Lead Machinist trains others, implements continual improvement projects and ensures the department is meeting production needs.
● Prepare work for machining process; operate and maintain cleaning equipment; support chamfering process; measure and evaluate machined parts to ensure within specifications in accordance with customer and company standards.
● Operate in a safe and efficient manner utilizing machine tools, miscellaneous power and hand tools, and all associated ancillary equipment for fabricating and modifying parts.
● Read, understand and develop manufacturing plans from engineering drawings, job travelers, specifications, known tolerances and machine tool capabilities.
● Collaborate within department as well as Engineering and Production Managers
● Provide feedback on manufacturability to department, and to engineering and production managers
● Operate machinery equipment in a safe and clean manner.
● Maintain a clean and organized shop.
● Utilize various tools and machining equipment (included but not limited to):
▪ CNC Machines
▪ Milling machines
▪ Modified machine tools
▪ Wafer Dicing tools
▪ Drill presses
• Accept and reject product based on results as compared to product specifications
• Coordinate the orientation and training of second shift employees
• Provide coaching, counseling, advice, support, and motivation to the second shift team to help them achieve objectives
• Ensure that production operators safely manufacture quality parts, according to work instructions, and complete the appropriate amounts required for their shift
• Direct resources, both equipment and people, as needed, to account for equipment downtime and personnel needs
• Take leadership roles to advance projects or the resolution of problems
• Regularly interact directly with all members of the second shift team and Production Managers:
▪ Help maintain a positive, collaborative, and customer-centric culture
▪ Communicate production expectations
▪ Solicit feedback and suggestions
▪ Report on achievements, successes, and challenges
• Provides feedback to Facilities and Equipment Manager on team and individual performance and competencies.
We are seeking applicants with the following essential qualifications:
● Experienced machinist
● Background in close tolerance CNC or similar machining
o Demonstrated skill working to close tolerances (+/- .01mm) from complicated drawings, sketches, engineering data and/or verbal instructions.
● Minimum of two years’ experience in a leadership role, supervising a team of 5 or more direct reports
● Able to read blueprints and familiar with advanced GD&T
● Proficient in Microsoft office products including Word and Excel
● Proficient in Google Products: G-mail, Calendar, Docs, Sheets
● Able to read, review, and develop a manufacturing plan from engineering drawings
● Proficient or willingness to adapt to the metric system
● Able to machine intricate parts on typical, custom, and modified tool-room machine tools
● Proficient in planning, setup, and operation of machine tools based on work orders, drawings, machining instructions to machine parts specifications
● Experience conducting inspections to confirm parts meet quality standards
Please visit our career page at www.chroma.com to review the full job description, summary of benefits, and to apply online.
Chroma Technology Corp is an employee-owned company and equal opportunity employer.
Deadline: November 30, 2021 12:00 am