Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Vermont
Lead Cybersecurity Engineer | Full Time
Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Vermont is looking for a Lead Cybersecurity Engineer to join our Information Security team. Our company culture is built on an unwavering focus on our members and giving them the best service possible. We offer a balanced, flexible workplace, an onsite gym, fitness and wellness programs, a competitive salary and full benefits package including medical and dental insurance, vision, 401k, paid time off and holidays, tuition reimbursement and student loan repayment, dependent caregiver benefits, and resources to support your ongoing personal and professional growth and development.
COVID-19: Blue Cross is requiring all employees and covered consultants to be fully vaccinated (including booster if eligible) against COVID-19 and provide proof of vaccination as of January 1, 2022. Those with a medical condition or sincerely held religious belief preventing them from being vaccinated can request an exemption without fear of retaliation or an impact on job candidacy.
REMOTE WORK: Blue Cross has transitioned to a hybrid workplace where employees within driving distance of our Berlin, VT office work two days per week in the office with flexibility to work remotely the rest of the week.
Lead Cybersecurity Engineer Responsibilities:
Architect/design, evaluate, implement and maintain security appliances and systems implemented within the company’s environment as well as our Public Cloud instance(s).
Provide customer support for both internal and external users
Provide escalation support, such as defining and implementing policy changes to security control rule-sets, troubleshooting security systems, and other related tasks as necessary to support the operations.
Requires a strong knowledge of the following areas:
Security Information & Event Management (SIEM) technologies
Data Loss Prevention (DLP)
Web content filtering
Intrusion Detection System (IDS) / Intrusion Prevention System (IPS)
Advanced Persistent Threat (APT) systems
Endpoint detection & response (EDR) technologies
Cloud Security (IAAS, PAAS, SAAS)
Data life-cycle protection
Network-segmentation & micro-segmentation
Security orchestration & automation response (SOAR)
DNS Security and Network Access Control (NAC)
Knowledge of Windows and Linux based operating systems in a highly virtualized environment is preferred.
Lead Cybersecurity Engineer Qualifications:
- Required Bachelor of Science degree.
- Consideration will be given to candidates who possess 6+ years of experience in information systems and information systems security, with a strong focus on good information security practices.
- Candidates must have a nationally recognized information systems security certification, such as CISSP, GIAC, CERT, or SANS certification(s).
- Candidates must also have obtained specific technology certifications such as Check Point CCSE, CCSA. Coursework toward a recognized certification will be considered.
Lead Cybersecurity Engineer Benefits:
- Health insurance (including vision)
- Dental coverage (free to employees)
- Wellness Program
- 401(k) with employer match + automatic employer contribution
- Life Insurance
- Disability Insurance
- Combined time off (CTO) – 20 days per year + 9 paid holidays
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Student Loan Repayment
- Dependent Caregiver Benefits
*full job description attached to ADP posting
Visit us at www.bluecrossvt.org/careers to learn more and apply!