Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Vermont
Lead Cyber Threat Detection & Response Engineer | Full Time
Location: 445 Industrial Lane
Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Vermont is looking for a Lead Cyber Threat Detection & Response Engineer to join our Information Security team. Our company culture is built on an unwavering focus on our members and giving them the best service possible. We offer a balanced, flexible workplace, an onsite gym, fitness and wellness programs, a competitive salary and full benefits package including medical and dental insurance, vision, 401k, paid time off and holidays, tuition reimbursement and student loan repayment, dependent caregiver benefits, and resources to support your ongoing personal and professional growth and development.
NOTE: This role can be full-time remote from out of state, or hybrid out of our Berlin, VT office.
NOTE: Blue Cross is requiring all employees and covered consultants to be fully vaccinated (including booster if eligible) against COVID-19 and provide proof of vaccination as of January 1, 2022. Those with a medical condition or sincerely held religious belief preventing them from being vaccinated can request an exemption without fear of retaliation or an impact on job candidacy.
Lead Cyber Threat Detection & Response Engineer Responsibilities:
- Ensure the company’s confidential information, assets, and intellectual property are safeguarded by complying with state and federal regulations, such as HIPAA, as well as corporate defined Information Security policies and standards.
- Lead the Managed Security Operation Center relationship and perform threat intel research and hunting at Blue Cross.
- In addition to providing customer support for both internal and external users, provide escalation support, such as defining and implementing policy changes to security control rulesets, troubleshooting security systems, and other related tasks as necessary to support the operations and protection of Blue Cross.
- Act as the designated incident response lead for the Blue Cross security team and assist in further developing the company’s information security user awareness program.
- Assists in leading the Information Security team by building commitment and motivation in others. Lead Engineer does not have any employees reporting directly to them.
Lead Cyber Threat Detection & Response Engineer Qualifications:
- A bachelor’s degree in computer science or equivalent information technology related field is required. Master of Science Preferred.
- Consideration will be given to candidates who possess a minimum of 6+ years of experience in information assurance and security. Experience in the computer forensics field is preferred.
- Certified completion of a nationally recognized information systems security certification such as CISSP, GIAC, SECURITY+, or SANS certification(s) is required.
Lead Cyber Threat Detection & Response Engineer Benefits:
- Health insurance (including vision)
- Dental coverage (free to employees)
- Wellness Program
- 401(k) with employer match + automatic employer contribution
- Life Insurance
- Disability Insurance
- Combined time off (CTO) – 20 days per year + 9 paid holidays
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Student Loan Repayment
- Dependent Caregiver Benefits
*full job description attached to ADP posting
Visit us at www.bluecrossvt.org/careers to learn more and apply!