Center for an Agricultural Economy
Just Cut Production Staff | Part Time
Location: 140 Junction Road PO BOX 422
The Center for an Agricultural Economy (CAE) in Hardwick Vermont, is looking for a dynamic and reliable individual to join our Just Cut production team! CAE’s social enterprise, Just Cut, has two primary goals; fair prices for our farm partners, and consistent, high-quality local products for our institutions, with an emphasis on those that feed food-insecure individuals such as schools, hospitals, and colleges. This is an hourly position working in an industrial kitchen setting where safe food handling practices, working closely with a team, and attention to detail would be required.
- Position: Just Cut Production Staff
- Reports to: Just Cut Program Manager
- Schedule: 3 days a week (20-30 hrs a week)
- Compensation: 18.50 per hour/part-time, non-exempt
- Benefits: Paid Time Off, Employer-paid short-term disability and life insurance, quarterly phone stipend, and professional development compensation.
SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES/ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
- Prepare, package, palletize, and ship weekly fresh and frozen Just Cut product orders (particularly beets, cabbage, potatoes, and carrots)
- Ability to work in an industrial kitchen setting; warehouse inventory lifting, physical capability to move foodstuffs, dry goods, work in hot and cold settings
- Work with food processing equipment is a necessity
- Communicate all irregularities to the Just Cut Production Manager (i.e. equipment malfunction, materials below par level, staff injuries, etc.)
- Follow all food safety protocols as communicated by Just Cut Production Manager, Just Cut Program Manager, or VFVC Production Advisor
- Maintain a high level of cleanliness throughout production kitchens and warehouse
- Clean and sanitize equipment, kitchen, and warehouse following SOP
- Prepare production kitchen: arrange equipment according to production day, set up, and prepare packaging materials following SOP instructions
- Follow production SOP for each type of prepared product
- Maintain Sanitizing SOP and SOP checklists for cleaning, sanitizing, and yield data collection
- Participate in weekly production meetings, quarterly work planning meetings
- Ability to use Google email
- Dress in required production footwear, uniform, hair & beard nets, or other safety gear necessary for working in the kitchen
- Participate in annual and mid-year conversations with supervisor.
- Maintain workplace communication through CAE email and phone calls and texts while at work
We are looking to fill this job position immediately and will accept applications until the position is filled. Selected candidates will have an initial phone interview, which may be followed by an interview and tour of CAE spaces. Interviews will begin in July and will be conducted by 2-3 CAE staff. Interview questions will be shared ahead of time. Candidates who go on to interview with us will also be asked to provide references.
CAE is committed to the full inclusion of all qualified individuals. CAE will make any reasonable accommodations needed for individuals with disabilities during the interview process and for our staff. For accommodation inquiries, please contact our Admin Operations Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Check out the full job description on our website, and email email@example.com with your resume, cover letter, or letter of interest, and include “Just Cut Production Staff” in your email subject line. We’re interested to hear your thoughts on any life or work experience as it relates to this position. Let us know if you have any questions!