Vermont Community Loan Fund
Junior Loan Officer | Full Time
Location: 15 State Street, Montpelier, VT, USA
VERMONT COMMUNITY LOAN FUND, INC.
JUNIOR LOAN OFFICER
The Vermont Community Loan Fund (VCLF) is a nonprofit financial institution that provides loans and other resources to local businesses, community organizations & nonprofits, early care & learning providers and developers of affordable housing. We develop and promote innovative capital-based solutions to issues of poverty and opportunity. With over $40 million in assets, VCLF is Vermont’s largest Community Development Financial Institution (CDFI).
Junior Loan Officer
This position will assist in all aspects of loan origination, credit analysis, credit approval, and loan servicing. This position will report to the Director of Business and Early Care & Learning Programs. This is a full-time, non-exempt position with benefits based in Montpelier, VT.
Job duties include:
- Assist or independently conduct site visits with loan applicants and existing borrowers
- Assist in preparation of credit memos for external loan committees and Internal Loan Team consideration
- Assist in loan closings and routine monitoring
- Respond to inquiries from potential loan applicants and maintain records of loan applicant inquiries
- Assist with management of business loan portfolio through filing UCC & mortgage liens, mailing statements, updating insurance information, and other regular communications with borrowers
- Assist with development and implementation of effective collection and workout strategies for problem loans
- Conduct data entry and updates for new and existing loans in VCLF’s loan servicing software
- Assist the Director of Business and Early Care & Learning Programs with lending activities as assigned
- Identify technical assistance needs of borrowers and applicants and refer identified needs to VCLF’s business advisory services staff
- Inform borrowers about other sources of financial assistance
- Represent VCLF to community organizations, lenders, policymakers, media and public-at-large
- Ability to travel around the State of Vermont required. Occasional evening/weekend meetings.
Preferred Qualifications include:
- College degree
- High degree of organizational skills, self-direction and ability to multi-task
- VCLF is willing to train the right candidate
- Demonstrated ability to work under pressure
- Able to work independently and collaboratively
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Computer and database skills
- Commitment to social and economic justice
Wage Range: $19.23 – $21.63 per hour
The Vermont Community Loan Fund is a mission-driven lender, creating opportunities that lead to healthy communities and financial stability for all Vermonters. Learn more at investinvermont.org.
Please submit a cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org or VCLF, PO Box 827, Montpelier, VT 05601.