IT Manager | Full Time
Category: Energy Products/Services
Location: 85 Swift Street
ABOUT THE POSITION:
At Vermont Gas Systems (VGS), we ensure the safe and reliable delivery of natural gas and other energy services to over 53,000 Vermonters in Chittenden, Franklin, and Addison counties. We promote a positive work environment that values individual and team growth.
The IT Manager is responsible for overseeing IT operations while ensuring 24/7 access to critical technology systems needed to perform our work. They apply their IT experience to implement technology solutions to continually improve availability, security, and efficiency of technology. They lead a team of highly skilled employees who are also dedicated to implementing these strategies to achieve our vision. They lead by example, exhibit excellent technical skills, and build collaborative teams both inside and outside the department.
WHAT ARE THE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES FOR THIS POSITION?
- Manages and oversees the operations of the IT Department to provide 24/7 access to mission critical technology such as SCADA, voice, and other communications and data infrastructure.
- Leads and manages various IT projects. Effectively prioritizes projects and allocates time and/or resources. Keeps stakeholders informed of progress.
- Leads a team of highly skilled employees and cultivates a productive, respectful, and collaborative working environment.
- Ensures team employees receive effective training to perform their work competently.
- Serves as a technical lead in network infrastructure, design, and maintenance.
- Manages the IT budget and IT-related service contracts, vendor services, and equipment procurement.
- Defines IT infrastructure strategy, architecture, and processes.
- Responsible for IT-related corporate performance strategies and KPIs.
- Monitors daily operations, including server hardware, software, and operating systems.
- Evaluates the need for upgrades or changes to existing systems and recommends cost-effective hardware/software solutions.
- Responsible for compliance with applicable best practice and regulatory standards, such as NIST, CISA, and 52-109 (Canadian version of SOX).
- Ensures adequate staffing support and coverage, on and off typical business hours.
- Designs, develops, implements, and coordinates systems, policies, and procedures.
- Leads audit and security review processes for IT systems and corporate security posture.
- Responds to audit and compliance requests relating to regulatory and internal controls. Implements remediations as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
WHAT ARE THE REQUIRED SKILLS FOR THIS ROLE?
- Proven experience leading highly skilled employees and cultivating high-performing teams.
- Topnotch problem-solving skills, able to troubleshoot issues creatively, and resolve highly complex technical issues.
- Solid communication skills to interact effectively with employees, service providers, and vendors. Successful at developing relationships with stakeholders.
- Flourish in a fast-paced, highly collaborative environment that requires flexibility and constant prioritization.
- Proven history of training and developing team members to successfully meet the goals of the department and company and help them succeed in their roles.
- Possesses comprehensive knowledge and understanding of network/application technology.
- Experience with IT-related requirements of SOX or 52-109 compliance.
- Familiarity with ITSM IT Service Desk Best Practices.
- Experience migrating services from on-premise to cloud.
- Long-term strategic planning and project management experience.
- Ability to be accountable for department budget, project management, security of all company information, and responsive IT services which at times require 24/7 support.
- Demonstrates commitment to continual learning and improvement.
- These skills are normally acquired with a bachelor’s degree in information systems or related field and a minimum of five years of management experience.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORK ENVIRONMENT
- Frequent work on computers.
- Ability to on occasion lift equipment and boxes up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to handle stressful situations calmly with maturity and professionalism.
Or visit our Career Page.