IoT Engineer | Full Time
Location: Burlington, VT, USA
Packetized Energy is seeking a highly motivated individual to join our team as an IoT Engineer working to connect home and business energy devices with Packetized Energy’s innovative Nimble software platform. You’ll be helping us to solve energy problems by finding ways to connect new devices, like home heating and cooling systems, water heaters and residential electric vehicle chargers, into large and valuable distributed, energy storage systems (Virtual Batteries) made up of everyday things. A clean energy future needs energy storage systems of this size and ours are the most flexible, scalable, and privacy-focused distributed energy resource management systems around.
Sound interesting? Packetized may be the company for you.
This position will be focused on designing and developing cloud integrated hardware IoT solutions for demand response applications. The ideal candidate would have a solid foundation in some or all of the following topics :
- Embedded code development on microcontroller platforms in C/C++ on Mongoose OS
- Script development in Python and Bash
- Debugging hardware issues at the board level using standard debugging tools such as DMMs, oscilloscopes etc.
- Schematic capture and PCB layout (Eagle/KiCad etc).
- Device interface to Cloud platforms (AWS)
- Modern software development practices such as the use of git and Agile project management.
Preferred candidates will be comfortable working in small groups, working on short time scales within an Agile project management framework, and be self motivated to proactively identify and correct problems on-the-fly. We are looking for people genuinely motivated to make a difference in the area of renewable energy and energy efficiency.
This position reports to the Director of IoT Energy and will be a full time position based at our Burlington, VT location.
Compensation will be based on experience. Additional benefits include stock options, health care, paid time off, and a retirement savings plan.