Internship Coordinator | Part Time
Location: 1100 Dorset Street, South Burlington, VT, USA
Common Roots is a 14-year old, local non-profit focused on food access and education programs. Over the last 7 years, we have developed numerous college internships for our programs, enterprises, communications, and curriculum development. Interns have the opportunity to build professional skills while working in the Farm to School program, in our commercial kitchen, at the farm/farmstand, and so much more.
Our Internship Coordinator is the key communicator with several local colleges regarding our internship opportunities. This position requires someone with strong organization skills, attention to detail, interviewing experience, quality writing, and a positive personality. This position has the flexibility to work from home or at our office, and requires the ability to create strong relationships with our staff and interns. Common Roots has built a strong team and our Internship Coordinator plays a key role for our whole organization. Learn more about Common Roots’ Strategic Plan HERE.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Manage college relationships with UVM, and other local colleges to secure internships for our 5 education programs, 4 enterprises and special occasions.
- Develop a detailed list with descriptions and schedules for each internship. Communicate with Common Roots staff and update as needed each semester.
- Attend Internship Career Fairs at each college, create posters, and carry out recruitment duties.
- Interview, select, and complete reference checks for students applying to our internship positions in order to fulfill internship requirements for each semester.
- Create and oversee individual internship semester plans for each student. Ensure all interns complete their goals and required credit hours.
- Complete intern check-ins throughout each semester.
- Communicate with College Advisors and relay required information to Common Roots staff/supervisors to complete midterm and final evaluations.
- Other assignments as applicable and required by the Common Roots Directors.
- College Education
- Ability to work with staff members and college students
- Self-motivated; demonstrated ability to work independently
- Ability to complete tasks on schedule with a willingness to be flexible, positive, and adaptable.
- Highly organized, observant, and detail-oriented
- Quality writing skills
- Strong Time-management skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (written and verbal)
- Comfortable communicating regularly via emails, text, and phone calls.
- Valid driver’s license and vehicle
- Reliable computer and cell phone
This position is part-time, with an average of 20 hours per week. Flexibility is required for some seasonal fluctuation in hours and can go over 20 hours at certain times of the year. The hourly wage is $18 – $22 per hour, depending on experience.
Deadline: May 1, 2022 12:00 am
If you are interested, please send a cover letter, your resume, and 3 references to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline to apply: May 1st, 2022