Information Technology Manager | Part Time
Location: PO Box 72
The Information Technology (IT) Manager is currently being offered as a part-time position who reports to the Dean of Finance and Operations.
The IT manager will assist in the development, implementation, operation, monitoring, and evaluation of the technology program for the college.
The IT Manager will:
- Provide support to students, faculty and staff as needed by repairing their computers and other IT tools, assisting them with warranty claims and recommending repair services on a case-by-case basis.
- Assist the Dean of Finance, Dean of Academics and Dean of Professional Studies to develop and implement plans to address institutional technology needs, including evaluation of hardware and software, and budgetary information.
- Assist with the implementation of student, faculty and staff development in the area of information management and technology; make presentations as needed.
- Oversee the installation, maintenance, and repair of all computer hardware and software.
- Collaborate with consultants to implement a college-wide computer-networking plan
- Coordinate the purchase of all computer hardware, software, and supplies; initiate purchase orders and bids in accordance with budgetary limitations and district policies.
- Supervise the system-wide inventory of technology assets.
- Recommend the disposal and replacement of obsolete equipment when necessary and ensure it is disposed of in an environmentally and socially responsible manner.
- Develop and implement a disaster recovery plan.
- Develop and coordinate a continuing evaluation of information and technology services and implement changes based on the findings.
- Implement the policies established by federal and state law, and college policies in the area of information management and technology.
- Serve as a clearinghouse of information on trends, research, applications, and effective practices related to the use of technology in higher education.
- Serve as a college-wide contact for all technology-related communication.
- Oversee telephones, printers and photocopier leases
- Develop and manage secure storage and checkout systems.
- Oversee G-suite accounts
- Offer counsel and support for adopted and potential Learning Management Systems (LMSs)
- Manage and support Audiovisual equipment
- Supervise assigned work-study students
- Support IT and AV integration between Craftsbury and Kentucky
- Perform other duties as determined by the Dean of Fiance to be beneficial to Sterling College.
The position will remain open until an appointment has been made, but application review will begin immediately. Candidates should send the following materials electronically: cover letter, résumé, and contact information for three references. References will not be contacted without candidate permission. Application materials should be addressed and emailed as a single PDF file to: Maxine Kelly, Dean of Finance & Operations (firstname.lastname@example.org).