Information Technology Manager | Full Time
Location: 139 State Street
Union Mutual Fire Insurance Company is currently recruiting for the position of IT Manager. This position is responsible for supporting and managing the systems, networks, telephones, and other infrastructure critical to day-to-day operations. Systems include the following platforms: Server hardware including Dell servers, Microsoft Windows Server OS; VMware; storage platforms (SAN and NAS). Administration of other services supporting specific business processes which include E-mail, DNS, DHCP, cloud services (Microsoft Azure and Amazon AWS), hosted/homegrown applications, and Office 365 administration. This position is not remote.
Named one of the Best Places to Work in Vermont for eight years running, Union Mutual has been providing quality property and casualty insurance products for over 140 years. Our employees are an integral part of our success as we strive to attract, challenge, and retain talented professionals. We are looking for ambitious, communicative, and detail-oriented individuals who are comfortable working as part of an agile multidisciplinary team.
Core Duties and Responsibilities
- Oversees requests, incidents and problems management. Manages and coordinates urgent and complicated support issues. Act as escalation point for all Infrastructure requests and incidents. Develops and matures maintenance and vulnerability management programs for all infrastructure assets. Manages escalation processes to ensure escalation and information within the organization. Determines root cause of issues and communicate appropriately to internal and external customers.
- Maintains Network, Server and Firewall infrastructure including design, implementation training and troubleshooting.
- Trains, coaches and mentors staff including career development. Oversees staff activities. Builds/obtains training material for support staff.
- Provides data and reporting of KPI’s and trends to leadership on ad-hoc, weekly and monthly basis. Will develop strategies for improvement. Works to maintain infrastructure and improve infrastructure reliability.
- Oversees documentation, ensures infrastructure meets defined support, and patch levels. Develops Service and Business Level Agreements to set expectations and measure performance. Develops an effective and workable framework for managing and improving customer IS support in the organization. Advises management on situations that may require additional client support or escalation.
- Manages vendor relationships depending on daily operational needs. PO review and approval/budgeting responsibility. Reviews survey feedback to improve services, tools and support experience. Keeps confidential all applicant, client, and verification and company proprietary information.
- As needed, schedules employees working times and provide backup support. Interacts with internal and external customers. Ensures adequate staff coverage by coordinating vacation and holiday schedules; approves overtime as necessary and arranges coverage for absent staff.
- Reviews work orders and daily time reports on a daily basis to know work order status and to plan work for next working day.
- Assists with remote connectivity; Virtual Private Network, remote desktop protocol, and Microsoft Outlook Web Access.
- Setup of end user systems, client profiles, domain access, file and print sharing, and Outlook.
- Must be able to appropriately troubleshoot issues, coordinate resolution and communicate to end users.
- Administration of ACs (move, adds and changes) for multiple locations.
- Controls inventory through basic management of supplies and inventory for equipment.
- Effectively interfaces with the vendors to resolve systems outages and deficiencies.
Education: Bachelors Degree preferred or work-related experience equivalent.
Experience: Minimum of 3 years’ experience as a supervisory role within information technology or services department. At least 5 Years working in an IT Infrastructure role focused on network and or security role.
- Great troubleshooting abilities and attention to detail.
- Thorough knowledge of computer software, hardware, and a variety of internet applications, networks and operating systems.
- Proficient in configuration of network, firewall and cloud base infrastructure
- Proficient in Microsoft Windows and Microsoft 365.
- Good knowledge of internet security and data privacy principles.
- Strong administrative skills.
- Strong understanding of regulatory requirements for OPS.
- Good organizational skills.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Speaks, reads and writes English to the extent required by the position.
Our employment practices are in accord with the laws which prohibit discrimination due to race, color, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, religion, age, national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, veteran status, citizenship status, marital status or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state, or local laws.
All of our locations are tobacco free including in company vehicles.
Apply via the link on our website: