First Roots - Wild Roots (formerly Annette's Preschool)
Infant /Toddler Teacher | Full Time
Location: 96 Pond Rd
The Infant/Toddler Co-Teacher is responsible for the care, supervision and management of a class of children (age 6 weeks – 24 mos) in accord with the goals of First Roots – Wild Roots. The Co-teacher is responsible for creating a warm and nurturing relationship with each child and family and nurturing learning in the out of doors! Using observation and assessment tools, the Co-Teacher documents each child’s growth and learning in relation to his or her developmental level and Vermont Early Learning Standards to design an age-appropriate curriculum that supports communication, social skills, and autonomy through exploration and play. The Co-Teacher reports to the Center Director.
Required Skills and Abilities:
- Must have excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Love the outdoors!
- Must be physically able to perform the job of a teacher of young children (i.e. able to lift up to 35 lbs., sit on floor with children, kneel on floor).
- Have the ability to work independently and cooperatively with other staff members.
- Knowledge of emergent curriculum, nature based learning and the Vermont Early Learning Standards (VELS).
- Plan and implement developmentally appropriate activities to support an emergent nature based curriculum focus that is consistent with the Vermont Early Learning Standards to develop the whole child.
- Ensure the safety of children through constant supervision, effective arrangement of space, proper maintenance of equipment, and regular practice of fire drills and other emergency procedures.
- Conduct observations and assessments using current tools/methodology to gather information on each child’s development and maintain written records designed to evaluate each individual child.
- Observe children to detect signs of illness, injury, abuse, neglect, emotional disturbance, or other special needs. Document and report these signs immediately to the Director.
Education and Experience:
- BA or Associates in Early Childhood or Elementary Education or appropriate human service field (e.g. psychology, special education, music, social work);or
- A child development associate credential.
- First Aid and CPR certification
- 1-3 years teaching in a part-day or full-day program for infants and toddlers (depending on credentials)
General Pay and Contract Provisions:
- 40 hour work week M-F with scheduled hours between 7:30AM and 5:30PM.
- Competitive salary commensurate with education and experience.
- Generous compensation package including health benefits, a 4 day work week when possible and short term subsidized housing for the successful out of state candidate to relocate.
Please send your cover letter, resume, and transcripts to our Director of People, Jackie Loomis at email@example.com