Chroma Technology Corp.
Industrial Software Engineer | Full Time
Location: 10 Imtec Lane, Bellows Falls, VT, USA
Chroma Technology Corp., a world leader in the advanced manufacturing of thin-film optical coatings, has an exciting opening for an Industrial Software Engineer!
JOIN OUR AWARD-WINNING TEAM! Recognized as a Best Places to Work in Vermont and awarded the DCD Outstanding Vermont Business of the Year, Chroma Technology Corp. is a 100% employee-owned company and certified B corporation. We are able to offer an extremely generous package of benefits, rewards, and a value-driven work environment. Join our team of collaborative employee-owners who are self-motivated, independent workers willing to strategize and together work towards the long-term prosperity of the company.
The Industrial Software Engineer will be part of a small team responsible for the design, creation, acquisition, integration and continuous improvement of software systems used for design and manufacturing throughout the company. Their work includes automating our advanced manufacturing floor, statistical process control, and optical thin film CAD software.
This role is part of succession planning for a long-standing member of the software team; we are seeking someone available and excited for a long career with us. The ideal candidate embraces learning manufacturing technologies and processes as part of their software development. They should have a foundation in agile software development that fits with, and can help advance, Chroma’s software engineering culture.
We are looking for applicants who use a blend of creativity and an analytical approach to solving unique technical challenges.The right fit is someone who thrives in a collaborative environment, and enjoys learning from and coaching their colleagues.
We are seeking applicants with the following essential qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering or similar, or the ability to prove equivalent work experience
- A minimum of 3+ years programming in various development environments, including hardware control and automation
- Experience with team development of software using a code repository system such as SVN or GIT
Any of the following is an advantage:
- Experience developing GUI’s, networking, and multi-threaded applications in a Microsoft Windows environment
- Experience with Delphi RAD Studio
- Experience with SQL database programming
- Knowledge of thin film design, spectroscopy, vacuum coating equipment and processes
Competencies for success include:
- Problem Solving – uses rigorous logic and methods to solve difficult problems with effective solutions.
- Listening – practices attentive and active listening and can accurately restate the opinions of others.
- Intellectual Horsepower – deals with concepts and complexity comfortably.
- Self-Starter and Team Player – able to work independently with little supervision, or closely with a team as the project requires.
- Detail Oriented – ability to organize and manage multiple priorities.
- Communication Skills – ability to communicate effectively and professionally with co-workers, customers and suppliers.
- Organizing – can orchestrate multiple activities at once to achieve a goal and can use resources effectively.
- Adaptable – can be flexible to meet changes and challenges.
- Productive and Delivers – follows through on tasks, responsibilities, and projects.
Prospective and/or new employees will be required to comply with Chroma’s COVID vaccination, testing, and face covering requirements. The requirements include proof of at least one COVID-19 vaccine dose before the start of employment and verification of the second dose within 30 days of the start of employment. Prospective or new employees may seek an exemption to applicable vaccination requirements and must have an approved exemption before the start of their employment. Applicants in need of an exemption due to a sincerely held religious belief or disability should contact email@example.com.
Chroma Technology Corp is an employee-owned company and equal opportunity employer.
Please visit our career page at www.chroma.com to review the full job description, summary of benefits, and to apply online.