Planned Parenthood of Northern New England
Human Resources Generalist | Full Time
Location: Colchester, VT, USA
Planned Parenthood of Northern New England (PPNNE) is seeking a qualified & experienced candidate to fulfill a full time, exempt, Human Resources Generalist position based in Colchester, VT. The Human Resources Generalist will manage and oversee the payroll process for the organization to ensure employees are paid accurately, on time, and that PPNNE is in compliance with applicable laws and regulations affecting payroll. Manage and support employee enrollment into benefits. Act as an ambassador of human resources to support and provide guidance for employees and management.
- Responsible for the preparation and processing of bi-weekly payroll for employees in multiple states; review and ensure accuracy of approved timesheets; track and deduct all pre and post-tax payroll deductions, calculate and pay termination, severance, retro and dual pay rate payments as necessary.
- Perform payroll maintenance and benefits administration: new hires, terminations, and changes.
- Manage benefit invoicing and bill payment.
- Primary point of contact for employees in matters of time, attendance and payroll. Assist and respond to employees on payroll and human resources related inquiries in a timely manner.
- Primary point of contact for employees regarding benefits: enrollment, changes, issues, and questions.
- Investigate and correct payroll discrepancies in a timely manner as applicable.
- Process off-cycle payments for staff and file appropriate documentation as scheduled and required by associated state law.
- Handle the administration of the electronic timekeeping system. Set up each employee, assign proper codes for each employee’s coding and adherence to FLSA; monitor submissions of approved timesheets by employees and managers.
- Train managers on approval of employees’ timekeeping/payroll.
- Provide support to the HR team on special projects as requested.
- Assist in maintaining personnel files, payroll records, and payroll database.
- Use critical thinking skills to continually streamline and improve payroll and related processes. Maintain, update, and regularly revise Payroll Manual as needed.
- Maintain absolute confidentiality of sensitive employee information.
- Incorporate a high level of customer satisfaction into all aspects of operations.
- Demonstrate flexibility and teamwork, understand that staffing needs and schedules fluctuate which will require flexible work schedules and/or additional work hours.
- Assist with other duties as assigned.
- 3-5 years’ experience in payroll processing and human resources
- Strong knowledge of federal and state regulations affecting payroll processing
- Familiarity with payroll tax requirements
- Good judgment and demonstrated ability to manage confidential, sensitive situations
- Demonstrated commitment to customer service and satisfaction
- Strong logical problem-solving skills
- Familiarity and comfort level with all services provided by PPNNE
- Microsoft Office experience with particularly strong skill in Excel
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to prioritize, juggle multiple deadlines and meet tight timeframes
- Ability to communicate effectively with a wide variety of internal and external customers and vendors
- Ability to sit up to 6 hours, keystroke up to 6 hours
- Ability to operate all normal office equipment
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
- The range of pay for this position is $50,719 to $72,423/ year, depending on experience. Access to benefits are available such as health, dental, vision, paid time off as well as a retirement fund.
Interested applicants please submit a cover letter and resume by clicking APPLY on our website https://jobs.lever.co/ppnne.