Human Resources Coordinator | Part Time
Location: 20 Pitman Rd, Websterville, Barre, VT, USA
We are seeking the next member of our human resources team! Our headquarters are located in beautiful central Vermont, where gardens and gravel biking abound. Our team style is open and collaborative; we’re always willing to lend a hand or share an idea. We take care of each other, work hard together, shoot for the moon (and almost always get there), and don’t take ourselves too seriously along the way.
If you’re looking for a role where your ideas and energy are not only welcome, but are vital; if “we can do that” is a phrase you embrace; and if you care about being part of a company that cares deeply about business as a force for good in the world, this might be the right role for you. Come grow with us.
Under direction of the HR Business Partner, the HR Coordinator oversees and processes all bi-weekly payrolls, assists in the training and implementation of all company benefit plans, including FMLA, worker’s compensation, paid and unpaid time off, health and safety, and unemployment insurance. The HR Coordinator also fields HR-related questions, assists with employee events and celebrations and maintains the integrity of all HR documentation.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (Other duties as assigned):
- Administers the weekly and bi-monthly payrolls, including coordinating with management to verify all employee hours within ADP system.
- Coaches supervisors and employees on proper timekeeping practices.
- Tracks all attendance, PTO, and leaves of absence according to the company’s policy, and partners with supervisors to manage expectations.
- Maintains all punch exception and PTO request forms for Workforce, ensuring a comprehensive reporting, tracking, and storing process.
- Runs weekly reports verifying labor hours and cost.
- Manages payroll-related employee questions through email, phone, and in-person discussions.
- Assists with employee education on company health and wellness benefits, including providing enrollment support on an annual basis and initial new hire orientation.
- Assists in preparing materials and communication to employees on benefit updates.
- Maintains employees’ personal medical files, as applicable by state and federal law.
- Manages benefit-related employee questions through email, phone, and in-person discussions.
- Helps to coordinate leaves of absence, unemployment, ADA, and FMLA programs.
- Coordinates the intake for worker’s compensation claims and maintains worker’s compensation files, in collaboration with the EHS Manager.
Human Resources Administration
- Maintains employees’ personnel files, both virtually within Workday and as physical paper copies.
- Prepares and maintains HR administrative letters, such as notifications of corrective action, terminations, and promotions.
- Updates, distributes, and posts annual employment posters.
- Maintains training records for all orientation, safety, and quality requirements.
- Assists with initiatives to foster positive employee relations, an engaged workforce, a positive culture, and effective communication.
- Actively participates and partners with operations team to support employee needs across production, quality, and safety.
- Assumes all duties required as the EEO Coordinator.
Please apply online here.