Green Mountain Transit
Human Resources Coordinator | Full Time
Location: 101 Queen City Park Road, Burlington, VT, USA
Description and Essential Functions
Responsible for the administration and the coordination of the Human Resources functions in all aspects of GMT’s human resources program:
- Performs customer service functions by answering employee requests and questions
- Assists with recruiting and the interview process
- Coordinates pre-hire and new hire processes
- Communicates, administers, and manages all aspects of the employee benefit programs
- Coordinates employee development and travel
- Assists with processing of terminations
- Assists with the preparation of the performance review process
- Coordinates leaves of absence for workers’ compensation and disability insurance benefits, FMLA, ADA, etc.
- With guidance, ensures company policies are in conformance with applicable Federal and State employment laws and regulations
- Maintains up to date knowledge on changes in employment law and regulations
- Assists executive management team in organizational development
- Makes photocopies; mails, scans, and emails documents; and performs other clerical functions
- Files documents into appropriate employee files
- Assists or prepares correspondence as requested
- Performs other duties as assigned
Education and/or Experience: Two (2) years of human resources experience, a high school diploma, or equivalent, are required, or a combination of experience and education. Bachelor’s degree in a related field is preferred. Experience with human resource benefit administration is preferred and an SHRM-CP credential is a plus.
Essential Job Skills and Abilities: Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills in a courteous, efficient, and respectful manner, highly organized with attention to detail, flexibility, and a working understanding of human resource principles, practices, and procedures. Ability to perform multiple functions in a fast-paced environment is required. Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality is required. Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines. Must understand State and Federal laws regarding employment benefits, including but not limited to the Family and medical leave Act, Vermont’s Parental and Family Leave Law, and Workers’ Compensation.
- Wage: $47,828 annually (paid hourly).
- Time: 8.67 hours of paid time off accrued per pay period; equivalent to 5+ weeks off.
- Health: 92.5% paid health care coverage by GMT including medical, dental, vision, and prescription. 100% paid premiums for Short-Term Disability and Long-Term Disability by GMT.
- Savings: GMT offers 457 Retirement Plans. After one year, employees who contribute of 3% will be matched by GMT at 5% and employees who contribute 5% will be matched by GMT at 7%.
- Wellness: Discounted membership to The Edge Sports & Fitness Centers.
- Dog Friendly: Administrative staff are welcome to bring their dogs to work.
- Education: Tuition reimbursement opportunities for courses or degree-related programs for administrative staff.
Apply using the link below: https://greenmountaintransit.applicantstack.com/x/detail/a2qltl6y2w7r