HR Business Partner | Full Time
Category: Energy Products/Services
Location: 20 Winooski Falls Way, 5th Floor
VEIC is looking for an HR Business Partner to join our growing team!
The HR Business Partner serves as an influential people partner, responsible for aligning business objectives with leadership and staff in designated business units. The HRBP plays a key role in developing and implementing a HR strategy and programs in support of these short-term and long-term business goals with the overall goal of attracting, retaining, and developing the best, diverse talent. This role will provide employee relations, talent acquisition, and overall human resources leadership and support to staff to ensure a high quality, inclusive employee experience promoting a high level of employee engagement. Develops, manages, and implements HR programs and services to ensure effective and efficient practices while contributing to a mission-driven, creative, innovative, and inspiring work environment. A true hands-on approach with effective business literacy to include financial position, culture, and strategic positioning.
We are committed to building a work community that is inclusive and represents a vibrant diversity of background, experience, perspective, and thought. Climate change impacts all of us; however, we are impacted differently based on our identities and experiences. We all deserve a place at the table to make decisions about our collective future – we hope you will consider joining us as we work towards our vision for a healthy planet, thriving people, and energy justice.
Candidates across all markers of identity (age, race, gender, ability, communication style, etc.) are highly encouraged to apply.
Provides human resources leadership and support to leaders and employees within specified group, division and/or region. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, acting as primary business partner on the following:
- Understand intimately, the business strategy
- Design, develop, and implement innovative, value add solutions that align with business objectives
- Build strong, credible, and trusted relationships with business leaders, anticipating and solving organization, people, and change related issues
- Strategically manage workforce planning
- Identify critical metrics and lead with data
- Legal compliance
- HRIS Reporting
- Investigation expertise
- Provides HR policy guidance and interpretation
- Drive alignment with the organization’s culture
- Institutionalize company value and beliefs and champion diversity, equity, and inclusion
- Assess and manage organizational change capability
- Act as consultant in organizational effectiveness initiatives
- Deliver organization optimization
- Shepherd organizational change
- Navigate all groups of employees through change
- Serve as an ear and conscience of the organization
- Represent the voice of employees
- Collect and act on feedback from employees
- Champion employee engagement
- Provide coaching for leader and employee development
- Manage and participate in full recruitment process, from posting and sourcing to extending the employment offer and onboarding new employees
- Train and advise hiring managers on interviewing techniques and assessment methods
- Assist with building hiring plans that provide inclusive and equal opportunities to all candidates, internal and external, proactively reach out to minorities, female candidates, people with disabilities or other under-represented groups
Knowledge and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in human resources, business, or related field and at least five years human resources experience, preferably in a HR Business Partner role, or a combination of education and experience from which comparable knowledge and skills were acquired.
- Demonstrated track record of strategic thinking balanced with ability to achieve results.
- Expert knowledge of HR practices, including the ability to apply HR best practices to complex situations to support organizational goals and manage risk.
- Strong personal commitment to the mission, vision, goals, and values of VEIC.
- Demonstrated ability to be organized, detail-oriented, accurate, and able to handle multiple tasks and competing priorities in a dynamic and fast paced environment, while maintaining a customer focus.
- Strong interpersonal skills, including the ability to establish credibility, confidence and trust across all levels of the organization.
- Strong communication skills.
- Project management, time management & informing skills.
- Proficiency with word processing, spreadsheet and database software including extensive Windows and Microsoft Office applications experience.
Deadline: August 16, 2021 12:00 am
Please visit www.veic.org/careers to learn more and apply.