Planned Parenthood of Northern New England
Health Care Assistant/ Medical Assistant | Full Time
Category: Health Care/Personal Care
Planned Parenthood of Northern New England (PPNNE) is seeking candidates for a full time, 30 hours/ week, Health Care Associate (HCA) position out of our Barre, VT health center. This role will report to the Health Center Site Manager. HCAs perform a variety of tasks divided between the front desk administrative areas and providing clinical support. HCAs play a vital role for PPNNE to provide excellent healthcare to our loyal and supportive population.
ADMINISTRATIVE ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Set tone for experience by welcoming patients to the health center upon arrival.
- Assist patients in financial screening, understand our fee schedule information, and assess eligibility for state funded insurance plans and/or other programs
- Check patients in and out, confirming all charges are accurate and insurance is billed, or charges processed, as appropriate
- Triage phone calls on behalf of clinicians and other medical providers including the Site Manager; providing clear documentation in patient chart or in the appropriate area
- Familiarity and demonstrated compliance with standardized front desk procedures and policies
- Understand Practice Management and Electronic Health Record (EHR) software programs to effectively assist patients with any billing, scheduling, or payment questions
- Be mindful of current and future schedules, patient access/demand, and communicate with Site Manager and team around needs and concerns.
- Monitor patient flow – be aware of waiting room activity, keep patients in the loop about wait time, and work with clinical team to ensure quality and efficient care is provided
- Perform day-to-day and quarterly administrative duties such as answering the telephone, scheduling appointments, opening and distributing mail, completing prior authorizations, records releases, and completing day-end procedures such as preparing deposit and balancing cash drawer.
- Monitor health center space to ensure that it is clean, well-organized and uncluttered
- Support Site Manager with general health center tasks, including receiving inventory, receive and process incoming faxes, review health center phone messages, laboratory administrative duties (e.g. spore testing, temperature logging, and lab shipments) and other duties as assigned by Site Manager.
CLINICAL ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Familiarity and demonstrated compliance with standardized clinical workflows, procedures, and policies
- Willingness to learn and accurately perform a variety of medical services including venipuncture, injections, and vital signs
- Perform counseling, screening, education, and informed consent for all PPNNE services in accordance with PPNNE values and service standards
- Offer, perform, and document appropriate lab testing in accordance with PPNNE procedures and processes
- Comply with medical documentation practices
- Provide clinical and administrative support to Clinicians and Providers as requested and independently as needed
- Clean and restock exam rooms each day
- May perform certain laboratory tests/procedures and/or ultrasonography after appropriate training and privileging process has been completed.
- Ideal candidates will have experience working with people from diverse ethnic, linguistic, socioeconomic and cultural communities, as well as a demonstrated commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion and the intersection with health and social justice
- Commitment to customer service and satisfaction
- High School Degree or Equivalent
- Knowledge of and comfort with all services provided by PPNNE
- Commitment to team centered patient care
- Flexibility, initiative, creative thinking, and a willingness to learn and jump in
- Ability to maintain close attention to detail throughout workday
- Good typing, filing, and basic administrative skills
- Good basic language and math skills
- Basic computer skills including the ability to key stroke for up to 2 hr.
- Ability to operate all normal office equipment
- Ability to travel within PPNNE affiliate for training or meetings as appropriate
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
- The starting range of pay for this position is $17.85/hr. Access to benefits are available including health, dental, vision insurance, paid time off and retirement fund.
Interested applicants please submit a cover letter and resume by visiting our website at https://jobs.lever.co/ppnne.
The Health Care Associate role in Vermont at PPNNE is represented by the AFT union.
Planned Parenthood of Northern New England welcomes diversity & is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Interested applicants please submit a cover letter and resume by visiting our website at https://jobs.lever.co/ppnne/8bd34ebe-f406-4e8f-aac6-b3bec8ee85d8