Hardware System Architect | Full Time
Location: 35 Thompson Street, OnLogic
As Systems Architect you steer the direction of OnLogic’s technology and product offerings. You work closely with internal stakeholders such as Sales, Product Management, Marketing, Engineering as well as with customers and partners to identify the current and future pain points and to develop the differentiated solutions that will enable our customers. You will be a full-time team member located in in our South Burlington, Vermont headquarters.
On an average day, you’ll…
- Research, define, introduce, and promote competitive and differentiated solutions that are consistent with new and existing market trends, company direction and core customer needs as well as revenue and profitability goals.
- Work with Sales, Engineering, Marketing, and Partners to evaluate, develop, and launch new and unique products.
- Identify, research, and propose potential technology and software partner candidates and accompanying business models.
- Cooperate with Sales and respond to potential opportunities through direct customer requests or customer pain points, hurdles or challenges.
- Work with customers on defining the best fit solution to accomplish the customer’s end goals. This encompasses hardware and software architectures.
- Develop and maintain high level technology and product roadmap.
- Ensure Technology leadership for OnLogic’s product lines in alignment to verticals specific products and strategies.
- Define new technologies and use cases, applications, and markets for technologies.
The team you will be joining:
Product Management: Our Product Management team works hard to make sure everyone has what they need when they need it. They work closely with the Engineering and Marketing teams to define our product roadmap and ensure our clients, and our organization, stay up to date on new products, changes to existing products and keep an eye toward the future of our industry.The Product Management team is made up of Technical Experts who understand the ins and outs of each one of our products, Product Specialists who ensure customers have the information they need to make an informed decision, and Solutions Architects who help us stay ahead of emerging trends and keep us on the cutting edge of technology.
Learn more about Life at OnLogic.
- You have a minimum of 5 years experience as a Systems Architect.
- You have extensive technical background relating to computers hardware and software application integration.
- You have a Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Computer Science or Computer Engineering or related technical field.
- You have industry experience relating to Artificial Intelligence, Machine learning, Industry 4.0, Security & Surveillance, etc.
Who we’re looking for:
- A keen sense of Business able to analyse the markets, technologies, customer needs and who helps us make the right choices in terms of product offering.
- Someone with a strong technical background and is very well versed in computers and technology.
- A strong skills in troubleshooting and out of the box thinking.
- You have excellent problem solving and analytical skills.
- You manage time and shifting priorities well, and you effectively communicate changes or project milestones across functional teams.
Who we are:
OnLogic is growing, and we want to give you the same opportunity to grow in your career! We design and manufacture specialized computers and hardware solutions for companies all over the world, helping them to make the seemingly impossible possible. Our computers are designed to work where others would fail, and it’s our vision to be the first choice in industrial computing. To make that vision a reality, we’ve built a team of ambitious problem solvers, guided by the company’s core values of Open, Fair, Innovative and Independent. We have an open office, open salaries and strive to be fair and transparent in our decision making. We encourage input and feedback from every member of our team and look to improve ourselves and our business every single day.
OnLogic is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
To learn more about our values, our mission and what it’s like to work at OnLogic, visit www.onlogic.com/careers.
The salary range for this role is $130,000 to $150,000. We determine final compensation based on discussions with applicants and their experience in similar roles.
- A competitive Salary based upon your experience and the requirements of the role
- A comprehensive Benefits package
- 401k Plan with 3% Employer Contribution
- An Annual Profit Share Bonus
- Paid Maternity & Paternity Leave, and Short & Long Term Disability
- Opportunity to Participate in our Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- A personal development plan created to help you (and us) grow