Special Olympics Vermont
Fundraising Manager | Full Time
Location: South Burlington, VT, USA
The Fundraising Manager is responsible for the planning and implementation of fundraising events throughout the year. As part of the Advancement Team, this position is responsible for planning and executing high quality events that reinforce the mission of Special Olympics Vermont, generate revenue, and increase visibility. The Fundraising Manager is also a critical contributor to the growth of SOVT through day-to-day operations.
Major fundraising events include, but are not limited to, the Penguin Plunge event series held in Burlington and Southern Vermont, the Law Enforcement Torch Run, SOVT Golf Tournaments and the Vermont City Marathon.
Special Olympics Vermont is a dynamic non-profit providing services to children and adults with intellectual disabilities through a framework of programs, training and competitions. We believe deeply in the power of sport to advance inclusion. The organization has a small, fun, closely-knit staff. We often share a heavy workload, sometimes must meet tight timelines, and have evening and weekend events several times a year. Employees must demonstrate motivation and personal discipline, a commitment to working as a team, a desire to experience the joy of the Special Olympics mission, and a sense of humor. Each SOVT staff member is expected to demonstrate strong interpersonal skills, professionalism, attention to detail and flexibility in assignments, tasks, schedules and roles.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
The Fundraising Manger is responsible for the following with respect to SOVT events.
Revenue Generation & Management
- Peer to peer/grassroots fundraising and recruitment/retention of individuals, teams, companies, SOVT constituents, etc.
- Manage incoming revenue (checks, cash, matching gifts) through SOVT’s money handling policies and procedures.
- Conduct post-event analysis, budget reviews, and appropriate participant and key stakeholder surveys and follow up. Creates “Final Report” for each event.
- Assist Director of Development in identifying sponsorship opportunities within events and ensuring that logistical deliverables for sponsors are being met.
- Assist in asks for budget relieving items to help defray costs – includes: In-Kinds, Incentives, Raffles, prizes, etc.
Event Management & Logistics
- Volunteer Recruitment
- Classy Platform Management & Customer Service
- Vendors/Equipment Rentals/Contractors
- Secure all appropriate permits, licensing, insurance waivers, etc. prior to events
- Assist Director of Development in Sponsor Activation
- Manage all materials, and signage necessary for event production, while continuously monitoring and reporting on event registration, donations, and revenue.
- Manage ordering of signage/t-shirts/etc. in a timely and cost-effective manner as possible.
- Develop project plans, budgets and timelines
- Support at Games & Competitions (as needed)
- Work closely with the Director of Marketing, Communications, and Public Affairs to assist in creating and executing effective marketing plans for upcoming events.
- Serve as SOVT’s liaison for Law Enforcement Torch Run (LETR) both locally and internationally. Manage VT LETR’s Executive Council, facilitating monthly meetings and mobilizing Council members to engage in grass roots fundraising and awareness events. Develop goals for the Council and assists in creating task descriptions for members.
- Manage details for all events & activities that include Medal Draping opportunities.
- Volunteer Recruitment & Retention
Advancement Team (CEO/President, Director of Development, Director of Marketing, Communications and Public Affairs & Fundraising Manager)
- Coordinate with Advancement Team in creating and implementing participant recruitment strategies. Identify demographics of each event, new donor/participant pools, and recruitment technique for specific groups. Work with Advancement Team to develop incentive/prize plans and acknowledges volunteers, participants, and in-kind donors following events.
- Work with the Advancement Team and Director of Finance to create revenue and attendance projections for all events.
- Assist Director of Development to reconcile income and expenses with Director of Finance monthly.
- Work with the SOVT staff to spread awareness about Special Olympics Vermont through inclusion of key SOVT initiatives in all fundraising events.
- Additional duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Experience running multi-faceted fundraising events preferred
- Volunteer management experience preferred
- Experience in budget management and financial oversight is preferred
- Experience working with people in a public facing capacity
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications
- Genuine commitment to Special Olympics Vermont’s mission and vision
Include but are not limited to the following:
- Long periods of standing, and moving around, especially while at events.
- Work requires occasional nights, weekends and travel. Travel by automobile to communities throughout VT for events and competitions is required. Employees must maintain a valid VT driver’s license and manage travel arrangements, including overnight accommodations.
- This requires attention to safe driving practices, including the wearing of seat belts. SOVT employees are expected to follow motor vehicle laws of each state in which they drive for business purposes, including laws prohibiting the use of cell phones while vehicle is being driven. The employee must be able to perform the duties and responsibilities of the position without posing a direct threat to his or her health and safety or the health and safety of other individuals in the workplace.
- Assist in loading and moving various materials, sometimes into personal vehicles or other vehicles as needed.
- Good vision is required for reading a variety of documents and for computer work.
Interested candidates should send resume and cover letter to Lauren Mauter, Director of Development – email@example.com.
Deadline: September 12, 2020 12:00 am
Interested candidates should send resume and cover letter to Lauren Mauter, Director of Development – firstname.lastname@example.org