Let's Grow Kids
Fundraising & Engagement Specialist | Full Time
Let’s Grow Kids seeks a motivated, stakeholder-focused, and detail-oriented individual to support engagement efforts and data management across the Fundraising & Engagement team. This 2 – to 3-year position will report to the Director of Campaign Giving as part of the Fundraising & Engagement team.
Responsibilities will focus largely on projects related to the successful cultivation and stewardship of major gifts for a portfolio of 200 donors and prospective donors in partnership with Fundraising & Engagement team members.
The position responsibilities include:
Donor Engagement & Stewardship (approximately 50% of effort)
- Implement engagement opportunities to expand support for Let’s Grow Kids and the Let’s Grow Kids Action Network
- Engage with donors year-round, stewarding their investments by recognizing the impact of their giving, communicating organizational progress and results, inspiring expanded involvement, and ensuring a personalized, quality experience
- Assist with planning and coordination of fundraising and outreach events and activities (virtual and in-person) including managing invitation and attendance lists, supporting the development of collateral, and coordinating logistics of and assisting with pre- and post-event duties and outreach
- Manage cultivation, engagement, and stewardship plans to keep supporters and partners informed and engaged
- Support Chief Engagement Officer with execution of quarterly impact calls
- Collect and record stories to forge partnerships, increase engagement, and sustain relationships among donors, prospective donors, and Let’s Grow Kids staff, including corporate sponsors, campaign champions, and major donors
- Manage communication assets for the fundraising and engagement team in coordination with the communications team
Data management (approximately 50% of effort)
- Manage development data in EveryAction (CRM) including ensuring accurate and quality data entry, maintenance of donor information, creation and maintenance of moves management plans, and generation of reports and department metrics, while working in close coordination with the Operations Team and serving as a resource for other staff
- Oversee the donor stewardship aspect of the gift acknowledgement process, in coordination with the Let’s Grow Kids and Vermont Community Foundation staff
- Additional duties, as assigned
This is a new position; percentages referenced above are estimates and may shift as the program evolves.
A well-qualified candidate will possess the following:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required
- Minimum of three years of administrative experience, at least 1 of which is in fundraising
- General knowledge of nonprofit fundraising practices
- Strong computer skills, proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, especially Excel
- Experience using a CRM database; experience with EveryAction is a plus
- Ability to work independently and as part of a collaborative team
- Ability to listen well, communicate, and relate to others personally and professionally
- Experience managing multiple, simultaneous projects successfully and managing deadlines
- Strong and persuasive writing, editing, and storytelling skills to meaningfully connect LGK’s mission to people who care about it
- Ability to translate complex program language into donor-friendly content; attention to clear and concise communication
- Sensitivity to handling financial and confidential information on behalf of donors
- Interest and ability to work across diverse cultures and constituencies and participate actively in the organization’s diversity, equity, and cultural competency efforts
Let’s Grow Kids has office locations in Burlington and Montpelier. This full-time, 2- to 3-year position may include some Vermont travel. Business hours are 9 AM–5 PM, Monday through Friday, with occasional event support on evenings and weekends. The majority of Let’s Grow Kids staff members work remotely in communities throughout Vermont.
The salary range is $55,000 – $60,000 and benefits include health insurance, paid family leave, and contribution to child care costs.
Desired Start Date:
No later than March 14, 2022
Let’s Grow Kids values a diverse workplace and strongly encourages women, people of color, LGBTQ individuals, people with disabilities, members of ethnic minorities, foreign-born residents, and veterans to apply. Let’s Grow Kids is an equal opportunity employer. Employment decisions are based on merit and business needs, and not on race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sex, age, marital or civil union status, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, place of birth, citizenship, military or veteran status, HIV status, genetic information, disability, or any other legally protected status as defined and require by state and federal laws.
Deadline: February 7, 2022 12:00 am
Please use this link to apply: https://vtsharedservices.acquire4hire.com/careers/details.json?id=36745&source=17
Applications should include a resume and cover letter and are due by February 7, 2022.