Planned Parenthood of Northern New England
Fundraising (Development) Specialist | Full Time
Location: Colchester, VT, USA
Planned Parenthood of Northern New England (PPNNE) is seeking candidates for a full time, 37.5 hours/ week, Development Database Specialist position in VT. This position is based in Colchester, VT. The Development Database Specialist supports the work of the Development (Fundraising) Team by performing a variety of support tasks and manipulating data in Raiser’s Edge, the relational fundraising database currently used. Reporting to the Director of Development Operations (DDO), the primary functions of the Development Specialist are: creating queries, exports, lists, and reports in Raiser’s Edge, learning Importomatic and using, improving, and creating additional templates to import donor and gift information from outside sources, record processing/entry, providing back-up support for gift entry and thanking, and recording donor interactions. Additionally, the Development Database Specialist will be part of the fundraising team that responds to donor needs, creates and updates records in the fundraising database, and provides logistical and other support for special events.
- Utilize Raiser’s Edge to create queries, run reports, and export data.
- Manage, manipulate, and analyze data in excel spreadsheets using pivot tables, formulas, and other tools.
- Learn Importomatic and import PPOL and PPFA gifts and records, creating additional templates as needed.
- Assist the DDO with database management and other projects that arise.
- With the support of DDO, create and maintain database policies and procedures.
- Work with the DDO to create attributes, apply global changes, and other record enhancement techniques to ensure data integrity and accurate reporting including merging duplicates, NCOA updates, and other data clean-up.
- Be part of a two-person team who enters gifts and produces acknowledgement letters.
- Record donor interactions using actions and track relevant information in the database in accordance with database policies and procedures.
- Learn how to use Everyaction/VAN database to pull targeted lists and create donation and event forms.
- Sort and open Development mail, assist with lockbox batches.
- Utilize Research point to conduct internal prospect research, verify information, and sync with Raiser’s Edge.
- Support the preparation, editing, and production of Direct response mailings and campaigns with Direct Response team.
- Provide logistical and administrative support for development events.
- General office support including data entry, photocopying, and filing as needed.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Maintain donor confidentiality and abide by the Association of Fundraising Professionals code of ethics in all fundraising activities.
- Conform to standards of performance and conduct, including those pertaining to patient and donor rights, so that the best possible service may be provided.
- Incorporate customer satisfaction into all aspects of operations.
- Support a culture where each team member takes responsibility for evaluating existing systems, helping to create new systems, and influencing decision making as appropriate.
- Support a culture where each staff person listens and contributes to department, site, and agency discussions and decision making as appropriate.
- Demonstrate flexibility and teamwork, understand that staffing needs and schedules fluctuate, which will require flexible work schedules and/or additional work hours at times.
- Bachelor’s degree plus a minimum of 1-2 years relevant practical experience; or an equivalent combination of education and experience from which comparable knowledge and abilities can be acquired.
- Relational Database experience; Raiser’s Edge preferred.
- Excellent Microsoft Excel skills, comfort with email, spreadsheets, databases.
- Experience with O365 platform, including Microsoft Teams and SharePoint.
- Flexibility, initiative, creative thinking, and a willingness to learn.
- Pleasant telephone demeanor
- High level of attention to detail and accuracy.
- Commitment to customer service and satisfaction.
- Commitment to team orientation.
- Commitment to issues of reproductive freedom
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work both with direction and independently.
- Ability to effectively deal with a wide variety of individuals.
- Ability to handle multiple, and shifting, priorities.
- Ability to sit for up to 7 hours and keystroke for most of the day. Some walking and stooping. Ability to lift as much as thirty pounds on occasion.
- Ability to operate all normal office equipment.
- Must be willing to travel regionally for occasional meetings and events, including occasional evenings and weekends.
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS:
- The starting range of pay for this position starts at $21.33/hr with the potential to increase based on years of relevant experience. Access to benefits are available including health, dental, vision insurance, paid time off and retirement fund.
Interested applicants please submit a cover letter and resume by visiting our website at https://jobs.lever.co/ppnne.
The Development Database Specialist role in Vermont at PPNNE is represented by the AFT union.
Planned Parenthood of Northern New England welcomes diversity & is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Interested applicants please submit a cover letter and resume by visiting our website a https://jobs.lever.co/ppnne/8345d660-f6ec-4738-a794-c229b841a976